Fantasy Baseball Keeper League

Discussion in 'Non Sports' started by I Am Butler, Jan 10, 2020.

1. Baute

Baute New Member

Money:
    $14
    Yes. I read all of the threads and anything I can get about Butler Basketball. I just don’t comment much at all, just enjoy reading everyone’s comments

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. Baute

Baute New Member

Money:
    $14
    I understand if you want to keep it to regular posters. Makes sense to me. Just a big baseball guy so threw my hat in the ring. Go Dawgs.

3. Dewars12

Dewars12 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $892
    I've never done an auction for baseball. I'm curious how long it would take with a 40 man roster for our size league? Is there a time limit on each player up for auction?

4. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,107
    The first year my league switched to this format, when rosters were empty, it took about 5 hours, but I made the mistake of not adjusting bid and nomination times for the latter half, so that really slowed things down. In future years, because of the keeper format, it cuts the time down quite a bit.

If we need to do the auction over multiple days, I'll have the ability to pause and resume as necessary. I personally am fine sitting down on a Sunday at 1(ish) and running the auction to its conclusion if that's what people want to do.

I've been in snake drafts that take 3-4 hours and, to me, those feel more drawn out because you are just waiting to pick. The auctions are fast and more involved, so the time feels like it goes faster.

The way it works is each person was a set amount of time to nominate a player for auction (maybe starting at 30 seconds and adjusted later in the draft to speed things up) and then there are 20 seconds to bid on the player, but each bid in the final 5 seconds resets the clock to 6 seconds to keep a team from just sneaking in the last bid.

Eventually people run out of money, so they are only able to spend $1 and its essentially a draft and the times get knocked way down.

It moves pretty quickly.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2020
  5. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,449
    If there is an extra person that wants to participate, they can take my spot.

troggy likes this.
  6. Dewars12

Dewars12 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $892
    Farva looks at 5 hour draft...
    upload_2020-1-12_20-24-28.jpeg

7. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,107
    One thing I'll say, is that ESPN's auto-draft actually does a really good job with Auctions, so if you decided to bail before your team was complete, you would be fine.

And again, that 5 hour auction was because I left the times set to long for the entire time. Didn't realize I could adjust as the auction moved forward.

8. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $6,449
    Is that spit in the draft? F it!

Honestly, hardly have enough time to balance work and family. Let alone an investment of $$

I Am Butler likes this.
  9. pjohnsto2003

Money:
    $6,449
    Is that spit in the draft? F it!

Honestly, hardly have enough time to balance work and family. Let alone an investment of $$