FBI Investigation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Sep 26, 2017.

1. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,131
    Interesting... So far assistants at Auburn, Oklahoma State, Arizona, & USC have been named so far.

mwall787, BoilerBulldog and Hinkle like this.
  2. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,420
    Woah.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Hinkle likes this.
  3. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $4,131
    Much like the strippers, I'm sure Pitino had no idea that this happened. He can't survive yet another scandal, can he?

huss587 and SpartanDawgs like this.
  4. NCJon

NCJon Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,032
    Shocked, shocked that one of Bruce Pearl's assistants would be involved.

And after that sarcasm, though, I am genuinely shocked that Chuck Person is that Auburn assistant.

5. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,441
    I see that a former X assistant has been implicated. Of course.

BU_NeonHat likes this.
  6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,359
    The NCAA will protect Arizona, Louisville, USC. Too much money for the NCAA.

7. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $4,131
    I don't know. This is the FBI doing the investigation, not the NCAA. The FBI doesn't start kicking down doors unless they have something. The NCAA never really punished anyone because they don't have any "real" punitive jurisdiction. The FBI does. I think some heads might actually roll with this one.

mwall787 and Hinkle like this.
  8. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $351
    Louisville Basketball should be wiped out for 4-5 years like fraternities at universities. Too much bad blood in the program.

mwall787 likes this.
  9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,441
    The NCAA can't do anything about what the FBI finds and the US Attorney decides to do.

UDDawg likes this.
  10. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator VIP Member

Money:
    $1,078
    Even Louisville Cardinal fans are turning on Pitino now, which hadn't happened previously. You'd have to think at a minimum that he and his entire staff would be gone. Good news for IU fans in the recruitment of Langford if that's the case.

11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,359
    Thinking the same thing on Langford. Louisville better get the death penalty.

12. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $10,359
    You all know damn well the NCAA has been covering up and delaying for Louisville much like they did for Syracuse and North Carolina. As far as I'm concerned the NCAA has been duplicitous in not taking severe actions on these universities. None of what has happened should surprise anyone that follows college basketball. The shoe manufacturers, agents and the AAU have been in bed for a long long time.

13. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $131
    Two potential Butler implications:

1. Assuming Pitino gets canned and Louisville somehow doesn't get death penalty wonder if Mack would still be interested in job?

2. Maybe this creates a mini wave of transfers from programs indicted that Butler could capitalize on?

Side note: both lead recruiters at Oklahoma State and USC for Elijah Weaver were indicted today and the crystal ball was trending towards those two schools recently... Curious if Holtmann was ready/willing to play big boy ball to get him.

14. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,042
    I am also reading that the Director of Global Sports Marketing for Adidas and the Head of Nike EYBL (who recently left for Adidas) have been named as defendants. This thing is going to be nuclear.

seadawg likes this.
  15. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,565
    I'm not too familiar with how things work...if the FBI arrests individuals, does/would the NCAA punish their programs? Would the FBI have to prove that the individuals were acting in the course of their duties for the NCAA to punish the programs and is that something the FBI has to do already for them to prove the allegations?

Sent from my SM-G935P using Butler Hoops mobile app

16. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,788
    There is a good possibility the NCAA engaged the FBI to conduct the criminal investigations. This is going to get really interesting.

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    seadawg likes this.
  17. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,042
    Jeff Goodman is reporting that the US Attorney said the NCAA was unaware of the investigations and arrests until today.

18. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator VIP Member

Money:
    $1,078
    This is one of those times where I'm really grateful that I root for Butler.

1. My guess is Louisville is going to get hit HARD if it's shown there were assistants involved in this (which apparently they have wiretaps to show that there were). No way they get someone like Mack or anyone of any accomplishment, because the NCAA is going to have make an example of these schools to show this kind of behavior can't be tolerated. No way Mack would want to leave Xavier to try and rebuild that.

2. It could, but I don't think it's going to trickle benefits down to Butler. The kids should be able to transfer without having to sit out a year from these institutions once the NCAA is done doling out punishment though.

I actually think that's why Holtmann got Duane Washington and Luther Muhammad because Weaver was trending in that direction. Might scare the kid into coming back towards OSU.

19. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,042
    From what I'm seeing, this is only the tip of the iceberg...Tom Davis just retweeted this.

20. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,503
    See this is one of the things I'm intrigued by. I keep remembering The U: Part II, 30 for 30. In that, the NCAA basically brought all these allegations and couldn't really prove anything, but then booster Nevin Shapiro(sp?) got arrested for a Ponzi scheme/funneling $ to Miami and the NCAA illegally partnered up w the FBI to subpoena him and got ****ED! All the NCAA charges were dropped... I don't think this will end like that, but that's what I keep referring to

Side note: Pitino did a radio interview about Bowen's recruitment... If you get a chance to hear it, that's gold Jerry, Gold

[​IMG]

Last edited: Sep 26, 2017
    indienapolis likes this.