FBI Investigation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Sep 26, 2017.

1. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,040
  2. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $584
    If DePaul is implicated, they certainly have not gotten much bang for their buck. Bad to see two BE teams on the list

3. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $120
  4. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $6,040
  5. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,399
    Surprised Baggley and Nike haven't been listed or charged.

6. Dawg Guy

Dawg Guy Active Member

Money:
    $443
    Borzello is saying the list of players might be 100+ by the time it is all said and done as far as ones mentioned goes. This topic has become such click bait that it will be very interesting to see what actually happens.

7. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,399
    You aren't saying Yahoo is writing click bait headlines are you?

8. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,477
    If I had to guess two BEast schools, these wouldn't have been the two that would have made the list.

9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,459
    Many institutions have long made a mockery of college basketball. This is yet another opportunity to bring some integrity to the sport many of us love. Will it happen? I have some serious reservations about that.

10. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $6,040
    Well, that can't be good for Creighton.

11. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $303
    Whoa......not sure what can be done to the schools that offered, but the optics of this are terrible for those teams. Some it probably wont effect at all like Arizona, with a Creighton this has to hurt the perception of their program especially in recruiting and how parents will view thaem as being able to take of their kids.

12. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,713
    Actually, I'm shocked that Creighton was offering money. Call me Pollyanna, but I truly believed that McDermott and Creighton ran a clean program. But maybe that explains how they got some great talent to go to school in the middle of Nebraska.

PharmDawgMBA and estar20dawg like this.
  13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,399
    Actually now top recruits know they can get money at a Creighton.

14. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,375
    Its hard to know what to make of any of this without there being any hard evidence. First off, are they even telling the truth? Second, if they are, then who is the specific person who actually made these offers. Was it a coach or university rep? Or was it simply a booster? A coach certainly has a lot of responsibility to know what goes on in his program, but there are obviously limits to that. I hope any program that was cheating gets caught and punished appropriately, but I’m skeptical that a lot of this will actually result in anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

troggy and harvesting like this.
  15. seadawg

Money:
    $4,459
    How about a little crossbar hotel time for all of those that are implicated?

16. Irishdawg

Money:
    $120
    Bowen Sr. said Preston Murphy was the one to make the offer. Murphy is still an assistant at Creighton. Still don't know if he's telling the truth, but they did have voicemails from Gatto to Pitino, so we'll see if they have anything to back up his claims.

17. Irishdawg

Money:
    $120
  18. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $16,375
    Thanks. I’m still skeptical anything will come of this, but if they do find proof that’s going to be a huge blow to Creighton.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $13,399
    Without proof I wouldn't make too much out of what Bowen or any of these other characters would say or accusations.

20. seadawg

Money:
    $4,459
    Bowen Sr. has immunity according to what has been reported. Why would he lie? Creighton doing an internal investigation speaks for itself.