FBI Investigation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Sep 26, 2017.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,559

Wasn't exactly his tune during the UNC investigation.

2. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,198
    Swofford will hold this position until Coach K tells him that he shouldn't. He does realize that while implicating Self and Kansas, what has to be inferred between the lines is that Duke won the bidding war for Zion Williamson, right?

3. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,346
    John Swofford played football at UNC and was the athletic director in Chapel Hill for 17 years before becoming ACC commissioner. He is not beholden to Coach K. If anything his close connection to UNC has been a source of contention for the folks in Durham.

4. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,346
    He generally refrained from commenting on the UNC investigation mostly because he has a conflict of interest. The allegations overlapped his final years as AD.

He did make some comments about how long it was taking, and how long the Miami investigation took, and that he thought the NCAA needed to figure out a way to streamline its process, which is not unreasonable.

5. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,559

Less than a year for all three coaches. Nothing's going to change in recruiting. Smh....

6. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $731
    Unless they received reduced sentences for singing, and we see Sean Miller in an orange jumpsuit. . .

bumba likes this.
  7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,837
    Tattoo 9 months in prison other two 6 months. There are bribery trials coming up. Even though sentences weren't that great their careers in sports are over.

bumba likes this.
  8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,559
    Sorry, these were the Adidas guys who paid off the players. Not the ongoing investigation of Will Wade, Sean Miller, Chuck Person, etc. Doesn't change the fact that schools aren't exactly dropping their Adidas deals. We'll see what happens as this continues to unfold, but seems like a light penalty for high school/college sports corruption.

9. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,837
    Dang I'm tired of spell check changing my spelling. It was Gatto and not Tattoo.

10. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,559
  11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,108
    Many down this way wanting LSU to go ahead and fire him, as well as waiving their invite to the tourney. I think that's crazy, play for today and so forth. But fans think the ncaa will come down extremely hard if LSU is defiant and that maybe if LSU punishes itself it will be lighter of a sentence. The pressure has been wildly ratcheted up to make a swift move. That coaching hole will be very interesting to see.

12. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $613
    Have LSU and Will Wade been at the forefront from the beginning? Their inclusion in this is new to me, but I've only been tangentially following this investigation.

13. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,182
    Having your school/team connected to something like this is way more “disgraceful” or “embarrassing” than a poor game performance.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

MIBulldog likes this.
  14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,837
    This is LSU which is in the SEC. Disgraceful and embarrassing isn’t a major concern.

15. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,717
    Wade has officially been suspended by LSU.

bumba likes this.
  16. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,108
    Well the masses got their wish. This move is due dillagence...he's going to be fired. I'd grant Sampson overwhelming odds of the ncaa didn't hate him so much and LSU to be desperately trying to run from any ncaa hammers.

seadawg likes this.
  17. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,717
    Having the Feds knock on your door is much different than the NCAA. Coaches are now looking at time in the slammer.

bumba likes this.
  18. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,559

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,559
    Wow, lots of schools offered money as mentioned in his testimony.

20. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,985
    Been meaning to post this all day