FBI Investigation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Sep 26, 2017.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,522
  2. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,802
    So some credence to the Creighton rumors? My two guesses in Texas would be either Texas or Baylor.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Insane Dawg likes this.
  3. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,467
    Unrelated to the FBI Investigation. But still interesting.

**Interesting tidbit: Aunt Becky from Full House is one of the actresses charged.

4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,709
    Why would coaches who get obscene pay checks be involved with this? Ditto for actresses? Unless it does have something to do with getting athletes into certain schools.

5. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,313
    I'm not sure I'd call anyone's pay check obscene, but it doesn't appear to be the high profile sports that are involved.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,709
    I’d say millions of dollars to coach a sport is obscene. Ditto for playing a sport or acting.

7. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,313
    You'd say a lot of things that aren't true.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Butler Hoops mobile app

8. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,190
    From the reports I read, these schemes involved the actor or other rich person's own children or children of close friends. It wasn't all about the scholarship, but also about guaranteeing admission to a particular school.

Insane Dawg and estar20dawg like this.
  9. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $537
    The sports I saw were crew, women's tennis, women's soccer. I am sure those coaches do not make big salaries.

NCJon likes this.
  10. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,301
    Yeah. All the coaches involved are on the lower end of the athletic department's pay scale, which might explain why they were susceptible to being bribed into listing a kid as a recruit to get them through the admissions process.

Although I saw that the longtime tennis coach at UT Austin who got caught up in this was making like $250k, which to me sounds like a great salary for coaching tennis.

Insane Dawg likes this.
  11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,709
    There are like 55,000 students at Texas. If your kid can’t get into Texas on his or her own try somewhere else. Texas is a great school but it admits like 10,000 + kids a year. What do these parents rave about- my kid is one of only 10,000 to get accepted?

NCJon likes this.
  12. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,301
    Just because it's big doesn't mean it isn't a good school. Michigan and UC Berkeley are almost as big as Texas.

Texas admissions are complicated by the guaranteed admissions for top in-state high school students, which makes it less selective than some of its peer institutions. And because of that policy, like 90 percent of the students are state residents.

Every UT Austin grad I have had to interact with has been pretty sharp, that's all I know.

13. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,522
  14. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,261
    the only thing I took from this latest academic scandal is Lori Loughlin is still a smoke show... aaaand maybe she just got tired of having a Full House of kids... I'll see myself out now

UDDawg likes this.
  15. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,467
  16. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Active Member

Money:
    $262
    If it were anyone other than Michael Avenatti....I would put some credence to it.

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,709
    Michael Avenatti and Nike are two peas from the same pod.

Tentozen and estar20dawg like this.
  18. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,269
  19. mwall787

mwall787 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,269
  20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,867
    And HE wants POTUS indicted...smh. That dude is one attention loving scum bucket. I hope Stormy and the rest of his clients can go visit him in prison.

iluvsnow likes this.