FBI Investigation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Sep 26, 2017.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
  2. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $348

Well that's an ugly look

3. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,344
    The Creighton shirt? Or taking the $6K?

butlerguy03, Shimmy, bumba and 2 others like this.
  4. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $348
    Obviously the creighton shirt

butlerguy03 and NCJon like this.
  5. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,094
    Hopefully...since he was in vegas, he took that 6k and played some black jack.

6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554

Dabo's gonna be sh*tty

7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554

Blue bloods buying kids by stuffing cash into sneakers and mailing it to them smh

8. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $610
    I am speechless. I am without speech.

seadawg and shoeevv like this.
  9. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $242
    https://sports.yahoo.com/arizona-se...-federal-hoops-corruption-case-153718418.html

"There were also discussions of the mother of Jahvon Quinerly requesting $20,000-$25,000 from Arizona. Quinerly originally committed to the Wildcats, but backed out after Dawkins and Code, among others, were arrested in September 2017. Quinerly played last year at Villanova, but is set to transfer."
    Interesting to see the discussion of Quinnerly come up in this investigation. You think this is why he was on the outs with Jay Wright, or just not good enough to see consistent time?

10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,154
    He was on the outs with Jay because he's not any good at college basketball and thinks he should be.

Whether Nova got involved in the payment business, who knows. It'd seem odd to go from big money promises at Arizona to $0.00 at Nova, when I'm sure there were plenty of others willing to pay for his commitment. But really, who knows at this point.

11. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $118
    Saw him play multiple times last year--in my opinion he just wasn't good enough. He had opportunities but just couldn't do much with them. Villanova will never mss him.

12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
    As much as I want to beat them, I'd hate to see Jay Wright rolled up into these scams. Nova seems like they run a clean program from the outside.

13. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,344
    I agree. It would be a huge disappointment if he gets caught up in this scandal. But the allegations involving Quinnerly don't seem to involve Wright or Nova, yet.

#60 and bumba like this.
  14. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,215
    Is this the big work-around?

Thanks to @Jared Grubbs twitter feed for this. I thought for sure there would be a thread or a discussion about this already...

bumba and godogs91 like this.
  15. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member

Money:
    $547
    Even if the California legislature says it's okay for college athletes to earn endorsement money, that doesn't change the fact that it's still a violation of NCAA rules.

bumba and godogs91 like this.
  16. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,203
    That's true, but if all of the top 300 basketball kids choose to play in California, the NCAA tournament will be somewhat uninteresting.

godogs91 likes this.
  17. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,193
    The Pac-12 will still suck.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Butler Hoops mobile app

butlerguy03 and MSUDawg like this.
  18. bobbu64

bobbu64 Active Member

Money:
    $118
    I don't see anyone getting their money's worth out of Quinerly. Wright gave him chances--Quinerly now has another chance to disappoint someone else.

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,554
    Agree, college basketball in Cali could become a quasi-version of the G-League (depending on how good the kids are that want money & how much the endorsements are worth). Those schools won't be dancing in March Madness though.

20. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,203
    Your right, some kids will stay closer to home and seek a real education - but I would think the money would be a big draw for most kids, and a post season tournament of only California schools who decide to leave the NCAA could ultimately be more of draw than a talent-denuded March Madness.