FBI Investigation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Sep 26, 2017.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
  2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,653
    I’d be surprised if the NCAA would levy much of a penalty.

3. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,277
    The NCAA is a little between a rock and a hard place on NC State.

On the one hand, all of the bad actors have been gone for several years. And after reading the Notice of Allegations, it's clear the NCAA is focusing on those individuals. That would seem to indicate some show cause orders are likely and maybe not much else, like what happened at UConn.

On the other hand two of the allegations are very similar to what happened at the end of the Jim Valvano era and which brought his career to an end. State was given a post-season ban and two years of scholarship reductions then. The Committee on Infractions is supposed to take into account a school being a repeat offender - even when the offense was long ago.

I think at a minimum, Mark Gottfried and Orlando Early get show cause orders and State gets a couple years of scholarship reductions. But because of the Valvano-era violations, it wouldn't surprise me to see them get hammered.

And of course what ever happens with State is going to serve as precedent for the other 5+ schools that are going to get hit.

4. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,653
    Woohoo a couple of scholarships

5. NCJon

Money:
    $6,277
    That, plus the show cause orders, is the floor not the ceiling.

6. Butlerfan96

Butlerfan96 Member

Money:
    $105
    Looks like DePaul’s coach has to miss the first 3 games of the year. DePaul is also on probation it says for 3 years

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,653
    Again the NCAA does nothing significant.

8. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,167
    Let's face it, they are powerless. Even funnier how does their coach keep his job.

9. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,186
  10. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,781
  11. NCJon

Money:
    $6,277
    The vacated games will be the 25 that Levi Cook played in the 2016-17 season. Only six of those were wins and only two were Big East wins.

It won't affect last year's record, which was a marked improvement for DePaul, despite finishing in a three-way tie for eighth in the Big East.