FBI Investigation

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Sep 26, 2017.

1. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,650
    The NBA has been looking at the one and done program with a view of changing it. Will this gave an impact?

2. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,497
    I understand this investigation has been ongoing since 2015, but you have to think it will continue to stretch on for months, if not years. They previously were working with one informant, but they now have 10 potential cooperating witnesses, many of whom will be happy to spill the beans on other guilty parties to avoid jail time. No government body moves at lightning speed, and in this case I don't think I would want them to.

3. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    Thanks for the info. Glad it doesn't appear to be Langford at all.

4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
    Mark, not sure the law here, but I work for a financial institution and this amount of money getting passed around under the table would be something we would be required by the terms of not only our employment but federal law to report. That’s why I keep hitting on money laundering. If Bowen received 100 k, that money has to be laundered or reported to the irs.

If you give someone money with the intent/knowledge that it will be laundered, are you guilty of a crime, or is it just those who actually launder it and keep it?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,885
    I believe the money was paid in installments to his parents. It's one of those things no one is going to find unless they are looking for it. I don't know if it was cash or not, but if it was you simply buy a safe and keep it at home. It's a $100 grand, not $10 million.

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  6. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    Adidas has been the only one implicated (so far), but you have to wonder how long it will take before Nike (and it's sponsored schools) are dragged into this. For example, with Bowen's recruitment. Oregon was also in his final 3 schools. I wonder if Nike/Oregon was throwing around money offers like Adidas/Louisville?

7. Mark Shelvin

Mark Shelvin Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,032
    There is illegality all over the place on all sides of this issue, but as a practical matter, the FBI will focus on, in this order, (1) the shoe companies, (2) the coaches/university officials, and (3) the families receiving he money. I would be surprised if the Feds do anything to the families outside of maybe picking 2-3 to make as an example a la Napster illegal downloading method of litigation.

8. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,608
    I thought nike has been implicated as Well? Hearing that slick rick is getting canned today

Sent from my SM-G935P using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    And now the recruiting ramifications begin...

10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,650
    Good for this family.

11. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,141
    Not that the super elite 5 stars will suddenly take a look at BU, but if you are a consistent tournament program that plays by the rules, and has a history of getting players to the NBA, gotta think you are looking more attractive.

12. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    Slick Rick alias "the little godfather" just told his staff he expects to lose his job.

13. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,168
  14. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,168

Would not surprise me in the least if both are gone by the end of the day.

15. halftime_floor_sweeper

halftime_floor_sweeper Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,885
    I suppose both Pitino and Jurich will wait to be fired, and not resign. Resigning could be taken as an admission of guilt and land them both in prison.

godogs91 likes this.
  16. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $12,650
    Pitino better hope that getting fired is the worst that will happen to him.

17. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,168

Last edited: Sep 27, 2017
  18. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,277
    Pitino will wait to be fired because he has a massive buyout in his contract and he'll want to get as much of that as possible.

A resignation would not be an admission of guilt unless he actually admits his guilt. Otherwise it would simply be a resignation.

19. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,168
  20. BullDawg2789

BullDawg2789 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $609

The university would be stupid not to have a clause in his contract negating the buyout for cheating and/or illegal acts

BUcheer likes this.