Football gambling discussion

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Sep 16, 2020.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,347
    College or NFL...if you have any nuggets, have any suggestions, want to help newer bettors or simply want to brag on your big week. Fire away. I have a few plays I really like this weekend. Let's see if they hit:

Packers -6
    Cardinals -6
    Bears -5
    Cowboys -4
    Seattle -3.5 (prob my play of the week, I really like them this year)

College plays of the week
    Baylor-Houston over 62
    NC St -2

Any other plays y'all like? I'm all ears.

PS-I really like Cleveland tomorrow but betting on Mayfield and co is always a trap door.

2. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,274
    Here is a nugget (sort of).

No one actually has a clue what they’re doing. Look for line outliers (e.g.,FanDuel has Sergio at 110-1 to win the US Open while PointsBet has him at 80-1). Bet those for the value. Prop betting is where you’re most likely to find books with out of step odds.

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

willisbrown likes this.
  3. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,010
    You’re right Hinkle. I wish I had more time to line shop, typically stick to DK, since they seem to usually be middle of the road.

so far this week:

Rams ML yesterday for Sunday

4. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,903
    Thursday NFL games are so unpredictable. I try to avoid them whenever possible

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,347
    I mean, it gives me something to do so to speak, and if I wager low who cares, just enjoy the action. But I do agree, Thursday nights are crap shoots.

6. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,724
    wow you're betting on Trubisky and you're not hammering the Eagles (but I gotta imagine the public is all over them)

7. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,298
    Trubisky looked AWESOME in the 4th. That throw for the go-ahead TD was stunning. That’s the type of 4th quarter that can really launch a season, and for Trubisky, save his career from being Blaine Gabbert. If he lays a turd, it’s over, but if he builds on that, it’s a decent bet.

8. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,007
    I think the line just moved on the UNC v. Charlotte game.

ButlerNut likes this.
  9. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,903
    A flatline...

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

shoeevv, PSUButlerFan and NCJon like this.
  10. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,903
    Trubisky game is like my golf game. I’m frustrated as hell and ready to quit and then I hit that perfect shot. Do just enough to keep going.

Except I don’t get paid.

Trubisky has had enough time to prove he’s an NFL QB. And it hasn’t happened. One quarter is an outlier for him...not the norm.

11. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $13,298
    Let’s see. Remember Drew Brees was pretty awful his first 3 seasons until the Chargers drafted Rivers (or Eli depending on semantics), and then the lightbulb went on, and he’s now one of the best ever. Sometimes it takes a bit of time.

12. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,010
    Put a unit down last night on Bengals +5.5...and won by a hook. 1-0 on the NFL season

13. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $543
    Yeah, I was back and forth on the Bengals +5 or the Browns ML. Ended up playing the ML.

14. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,274
    My one money play this weekend is a parlay teasing Rams to -5 and Ravens to -13 for +696.

BulldogsFTW likes this.
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,347
    I really thought the browns would take care of business...but I couldn't pull the trigger and I bet it down to 5...pushed but lost the juice. (bought it to -120) so, shrug. For a minute there I thought they were going to run away with it. But, browns and stuff.

16. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,830
    Oh no way man. I’m a browns fan but I had the over and Cinci +6 all day. I just figured that if the browns got ahead then Cinci would be passing all night and the browns can’t stop the passing game and I kinda like Joey B.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

17. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,239
    You know you have to be sitting on the can in order to drop the Browns off in the Super Bowl.

willisbrown likes this.
  18. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,347
    So much for my Houston-Baylor over...they just cancelled the game.......with no positive tests. I was looking forward to that shootout but we cannot have nice things in this horrid 2020. Seriously worst year ever.

19. ButlerNut

Money:
    $6,903
    1. Not a Bears fan - just seeing Trubisky is a middling NFL QB that won't ever evolve into an elite starter.
    2. Bears have many other issues (see Allen Robinson).
    3. Regardless of how good he was in 4th qtr, Lions win that game if Swift catches the can of corn and walks in. Then Chicago fans would be quicker to find fault in Mitch.

Sent from my LM-Q720 using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $13,298
    1. Certainly possible. Maybe probable. But let’s see.

2. What’s wrong with A-Rob? Dude is an excellent WR.

3. True. He should have caught it, but I think the narrative would have been “defense blows Trubisky 4th Q heroics”. You still can’t change 3 4th Q TDs, although it doesn’t change much.