Football gambling discussion

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by willisbrown, Sep 16, 2020.

1. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,268
    The Big Ten’s 3 worst teams right now are Michigan, Nebraska and Penn State.

In the history of college football, they rank 1st, 7th and 8th in wins.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen likes this.
  2. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,160
    Rough day, huh?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,812
    Not the best. I hit some but lost aplenty. I ended up throwing in on Iowa so that helped the bloodshed. Also Nevada on a last minute bet but damn if I got my ass kicked on a few of those. Auburn hitting was my last bet of the night. I was tempted to play usc-Utah but I had enough...

I'll say this-about 3 minutes into the OSU-IU game I already chalked it up as a win...IU showed out though. They're damn good. I hate it but...I salute their performance and team. I just puked typing that but they deserve it.

Tentozen likes this.
  4. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,812
    Oh...another bad beat-I fired in on Cincy -4...RB had a direct path to the endzone to put them up 10 and he laid down a yard short to burn clock. With no one in front of him. That is the definition of a super duper bad beat. Sigh. Win some lose some.

ButlerNut likes this.
  5. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,989
    Chubb did that last week in the NFL...cost me huge!

6. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,812
    It cost a ton of people huge. Both fantasy and I believe the public number was 56 or 57% of the money was coming in on Cleveleland at either 3.5 or 4. What an ass hole.

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,812
    In case you're a "follow the public" type...

8. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,703
    Same ref. Different crew though. The guy who threw the flag on Purdue wasn’t on the PSU/IU crew. Pretty sure that game broke us.

9. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $13,703
    Also, **** Wisconsin. Hit 5/6 on my parlay. Those turds blew it for me.

10. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,078
    If you bet on Wisconsin at Northwestern you don’t really know college football.

Northwestern has been dogs like 17-18 games in a row vs Wisconsin and is now over .500 in those games.

Also don’t bet against the team with the best strength of record in the nation when they’re at home.

Cats +8 was easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

11. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $789
    Thanks for moving this thread.
    Everybody's a winner here!

12. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $789
    Nah, this is the inherent risk in gambling. You go into it knowing that teams don't care about the spread. This kind of stuff happens every single week.

13. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $789
    This just shows you that the public doesn't know squat when it comes to betting football. Only one of those teams covered and three lost outright.

Additionally, I find it amusing these teams were all favorites. It's as though people don't see value in betting dogs.

Interestingly, all four teams in the horrid NFC East now have three wins. Philly is in first place because they also managed to tie the Bengals.

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,812
    I laid on the steelers but also followed the masses with the dolphins and vikings...which was dumb. I liked the dolphins bet because I'm a believer in Tua Time but...on the road going from sea level to altitude...should have know better.

I took a straight up line in the second half of the game last night which barely played anything, but at least it hit. The rest of the day was rather meh. I rolled with Rodgers vs Rivers and I thought I had it...then that one dude fumbled. Sigh.

troggy likes this.
  15. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $789
    Yep, the Packers did it to themselves yesterday, with four turnovers.

16. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,110
    I don't know about anyone else, but I was looking at my October stats, I was down like 20 units. NFL has blown me to pieces this year. 3 straight horrible weekends. My bankroll cannot wait for CBB & NBA to return!

17. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $13,703
    If anyone needs some free money, Michigan -2.5 against Penn State is it.

Michigan sucks, but we REALLY suck. Two broken QBs, and now down our 1st round TE, top THREE running backs, and arguably the best defensive player in the nation. On the road. At 0-5. Easy hammer on Michigan.

18. troggy

troggy Well-Known Member

Money:
    $789
    To the gamblers out there:

I assume that when placing bets, folks consider that favorites aren't playing to the spread and are only trying to win the game. How does this affect betting and point spreads in general?

19. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,989
    Final Score: UM 20, PSU 18 (totally random score that will kill your bets! LOL)

And Michigan will miss a FG from 20 yards with 22 seconds left.

20. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $13,703
    Would be the most “2020 Penn State” thing ever.

Although a bit satisfying, given the UM kicker is a giant tool who committed to PSU back in 2017 with a whole video of him getting off a plane. Only to switch to Michigan after his parents had Harbaugh over for a sleepover. I’m actually not kidding.

ButlerNut likes this.