Football gambling discussion

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Sep 16, 2020.

1. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $549
    I was also chasing last night in an attempt to get healthy. Pretty good game, but I was worried throughout that they wouldn't hit the total points until the last Chargers TD I started to feel pretty good.

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,456
    I definitely chased last night...but on baseball. I didn't have one read on the football so I just left it alone. But I ML'd the Braves to help recoup a little of my weekend ass whipping.

3. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,705
    ND killed me on Sat & then KC on Sun. Rebounded a little last night getting NO on moneyline, the over, & LAC -7.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

4. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,456
    The ever rare Tuesday night NFL tilt tonight. Both undefeated and both very good teams. I always bet with the QB though, and Buffalo has the better one. I'll lay the 3. But more than that I like the over. Tuesday night football...there's nothing like it.

5. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,059
    2010 was the last Tuesday game...the second last Tuesday game was in 1946. NFL says it hasn't been seriously considered, and I think they're wise to keep it as is or add 1 game on Monday evening (5pm / 8pm). Football burnout (and betting burnout) for the casual fan is real. My wife wants control of the TV at least a couple nights a week.

6. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,456
    After some thinking, I still went in on the bills (loss) but did fire in on the over (I got it at 51.5) and that hit, so it was a wash. I also money lined the braves again tonight and that got tight, but, it hit. So a 2-1 night. I'll take it after my weekend.

7. butlerguy03

Money:
    $1,059
    The game looked very fishy to me and a lot of the degens I follow were on Bills -3, but the line never moved. Vegas knew something and I didn't touch it. Glad I didn't.

8. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,456
    So much of me wanted to money line the titans at home, and I was about to then I looked at the qbs and I read about 10 articles on trends/game/teams and every one concluded taking the bills was a safe play. Not one picked the titans. And instead of trusting my gut, I kept reading more and more and the consensus drove me into the bills' corner eventually. Then I hesitated, read some more, and fired in. I'm just glad I took the over and I got the bills at even money with the 3, so, whatevs. Complete wash.

There are some college lines I like this weekend so I'm just ready for that. We've had football literally for 6 straight days...what the hell do we do tonight? Do I have to actually talk to people?

9. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,320
    Anyone else like to hit PGA Tour betting pretty hard?

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

10. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,456
    I used to more than I am doing this year and that's obviously because it's going up against football this year and my gambling attention mostly goes to football. But in a normal year I at least do the majors plus Sawgrass and usually one or two other big ones...like Riviera, Pebble Beach or the Memorial, I enjoy it and I play it small because the odds are so damn big.

Both last year (PGA and British) and 2012 (US open and British) I hit on two majors...which is kinda cool. It's fun if you're a golf fan, amps up the intensity of it.

11. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,320
    Yeah the outrights are so intriguing, especially in the big events.

This week is a sneaky awesome field/tournament.

12. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,456
    I so want to ride the colts against the Bengals but Rivers always kills me. Did it with the chargers ad has done it to me with the colts. I wish the line was a hair lower.

I love the titans at -3. Get it now though because it's about to go up.

I like Pittsburgh to cover their number.

Here's my conundrum...I never bet against Brady or Rodgers. And they play each other. Push to shove I'm going with Rodgers I think. It's currently a pick em.

13. butlerguy03

Money:
    $1,059
    Rodgers is fire this year, which means go with Brady.

14. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,921
    Brady's gonna be pissed he lost to Bears
    Rodgers coming off a bye week

Maybe sit that one out...

15. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,083
    Hammering BC +13 tonight @ Va Tech

16. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,456
    I'm done betting on ND...two weeks in a row against crap teams they have not covered. Always hated them, now I know why.

Best play of the day-Clemson against GT.

Worst play of the day so far-Auburn.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $9,456
    There are some, what look like healthy lines tomorrow. I'm gonna ride the small line favorites in the early games and I'm gonna ride GB late.

TN, Pittsburgh and Minnesota make me the most comfortable. Now that I said that...I'll lose all 3.

18. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $300
    ND has been my team for my whole life when it comes to football, but there is one regarding gambling on them. They will not cover 99% of the time as they enjoy playing down to their opponents to infuriate their fans.

19. butlerguy03

Money:
    $1,059
    Got Alabama the day of Saban’s positive test at -6.5 +120; hammered the s*** out of that. I had 12 bets yesterday and lost 35 cents, so I’m glad I had ‘Bama to make it essentially a push day.

I’m awful at college football.

20. butlerguy03

Money:
    $1,059
    Lions 1H ML looks good; NE -3/Ten -3 Teaser too; I got GB ML at -108, so I’m on that