Franz Wagner - 2019 Wing (Michigan)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by jkcdawgs, Jun 23, 2017.

1. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,214
    The funny thing with Gottfried is that people thought the stunt worked with the biggest recruit he landed - Dennis Smith Jr. - then it came out in that trial last year that one of the shoe company bag men funneled $40k to his dad to get him to go to State.

2. 85inarow

85inarow Member

Money:
    $23
  3. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,035
    Um LJ needs to jump right now on a plane and go! Thank god we have a scholly open right now

Shimmy likes this.
  4. oldstyle1908

oldstyle1908 Active Member

Money:
    $2,942
    Doesn’t need to fly far, Franz is flying into AA today.

Daddysmack and jkcdawgs like this.
  5. DawgPoundMac

DawgPoundMac Active Member

Money:
    $185
    If LJ stays (more than likely will), I think this one just became realistic. Wow.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

darnellarchey4three likes this.
  6. Hinkle Magic2

Hinkle Magic2 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $792
    Beilein's departure should really help Butler's chances, if Wagner plays college ball.

7. Daddysmack

Daddysmack Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $339
    Is this real? I saw it on a Michigan board. Is he really about to land in Ann Arbor? If so, LJ needs to make contact ASAP and get him to Indy before he heads home.

8. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,605
    Is anyone monitoring the planes between AA and Indy yet? How do we know if the plane is going to meet Wagner or for an interview?

Quick look through Twitter, but there are conflicting reports if he was at Michigan on 5/11. Guess he could still be stateside if those reports are true. Also saw it mentioned he is staying in Germany and is exploring a contract with Alba.

Sent from my SM-G935P using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,035
    That was from a faulty tweet. What got lost in the German translation said that his German club is very open to discussing a contract with Franz but nothing has taken place yet and nothing is off the table on Franz playing college ball. He most definitely was on Michigan's campus this weekend, have no clue whether he is still stateside.

10. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $214
    Seems like a long shot/wishful thinking. Do we even know if Butler has been in contact with him in the last month or two or if he's ever even been on campus?

Not to mention the fact that (unless he's a complete stud) there isn't a TON of immediate playing time for him with Tucker, McD, Nze at the 3/4 spots.

11. estar20dawg

Money:
    $3,035
    Yes he is a complete stud, would be the equivalent to a 5 star recruit. He just won best player under 22 this year at the age of 17 . shot 60% for 2, 38% for 3 (117 attempts) and 89% from the free throw line this season for professional Alba

12. 85inarow

85inarow Member

Money:
    $23
    Wagner currently on an official visit at Michigan. Maybe he'll end up being able to both play at Michigan and for LaVall.

Last edited: May 14, 2019
  13. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,951
    Hmm. And if he started the official yesterday, perhaps he was there with Lavall. Tin foil hats everyone. Tin foil hats time.

14. Crash

Crash Active Member

Money:
    $251
    I could be totally wrong, but I could not imagine UM or Butler would every allow or want the negative blow back of having a potential prospect meeting with a potential coach when the coach has another job. This feels like an ethics issue that UM has tried to be above. But it is college ball.

Tentozen likes this.
  15. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,951
    Agreed. But I also wouldn’t put it past anyone for a “coincidence”

BulldogsAllTheWay likes this.
  16. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $214
    Reread the articles posted on here, and Franz said he could be taking visits yet this summer. With him just visiting Michigan, I wonder if he plans to visit anywhere else soon. The three schools originally mentioned were UM, Stanford, and us. Seems like the HC he would have the most familiarity/comfort would be LJ at this point and his brother Mo also gave LJ an endorsement in the 247 article. Anyone know if hes still an option or if we've closed the books on 2019 additions?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

17. Mr X

Mr X Super Moderator

Money:
    $218
    Based on most recent articles from last week make it seem like he's only considering Michigan or Alba Berlin even with Beilein out of the picture.

https://247sports.com/Article/Moe-W...gners-visit-to-Michigan-basketball-132104685/

https://247sports.com/Article/michi...uiting-franz-wagner-official-visit-132037237/

18. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,747
    Media spin. “FAKE NEWS!!!”

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

19. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $454
    I'm hoping the staff knows something we don't and Franz is the reason we still have an open schollie.

20. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,197
    He's going to Michigan.

ButlerFan96 likes this.