Game Thread: 1/25 - Butler (11-10, 3-7) at #23 Providence (15-5, 7-2)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by bmradio99, Jan 24, 2023.

1. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,554
    You should jump all over it. Sadly, I can't do anything since I live in California. I'm not about to send any money offshore.

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,025
    You got to be kidding. Wow what does vegas see in Butler? I'm in.

3. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $21,251
    Yeah what the absolute ****??

dawgs2014 likes this.
  4. willisbrown

Money:
    $17,025
    I have to imagine it gets just hammered and will go up so if someone can get it now....bravo. Unfortunately my board doesn't put out college games until day off but even if it climbs 2-3 points I'll still fire in.

estar20dawg likes this.
  5. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $21,251
    Same. Day of… also I’m in Utah so no dice

6. willisbrown

Money:
    $17,025
    God damn Mormons.

Speaking of the show "Under the Banner of Heaven" is very good and very messed up.

7. hortonamos

hortonamos Member

Money:
    $49
    I'm in SC or I would have been betting against Butler in every BE game that's not Depaul or Georgetown. But the morality police rule here. I can't buy liquor after 7pm or at all on Sunday, either.

8. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $21,251
    “Freedom”

hortonamos and dawgs2014 like this.
  9. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $21,251
    Butler is on 630-830 for me. The US Soccer friendly is 8-10. Figured Butler will be down 20 mid second half so I can flip over and not miss the soccer game.

10. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,996
    Providence -19.5 is +310 on Fanduel.

11. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,554
    Providence -10

12. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,558
    I love how there's nothing to talk about except gambling since we already covered "stop taking stupid contested 2s" early because honestly what else is there to say?

Tentozen likes this.
  13. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Well-Known Member

Money:
    $958
    Willis and Baddog. I understand the emotion generating the questioning but I think everyone has keep the roster and Thad's coaching (and Staff) in perspective. The nucleus of this team (the 8 LaValle holdovers) were not able to shoot or finish through contact at the rim for the prior two seasons. Due to irrational exuberance which includes myself (regrets to Greenspan), there was an expectation that Thad could get more out of the 8 holdovers. Clearly, WHO those players were the last two seasons is WHO THEY ARE. In addition, due to injuries, the 4 transfers have NEVER played together!!! If by the 24/25 season we do NOT see improvement and Thad has turned over a lot of the roster to his own guys, then I would begin to wonder or even doubt the hire. Until that time, I don't see any objective information that would support doubting the hiring of Thad Matta so early in his tenure.

14. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $2,018
    I mean, if it's going to be misery watching this team, might as well make a little coin on it. Sad I'm going to have to cancel my IndyStar subscription soon (promotion period runs out). Glaspie truly has done a good job despite being given some awful material (Same w/Lukas).

bmradio99 likes this.
  15. willisbrown

Money:
    $17,025
    I got in at -10.

16. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,665
    up to -10.5 at BetMGM already

17. DawgDude

DawgDude Well-Known Member

Money:
    $870
    Disagree on the 8 Lavall nucleus. There has only been four that haven't been hurt - 1 redshirt freshman, 2 sophomores and one junior. I'd take them over Hunter or Ali. Those two have been abysmal and cannot be blamed on not having played together.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2023
  18. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,958
    Thanks for the kind words on the pod! Nine weeks/nine episodes in! Josh and I are having fun putting it together each week, even if the discussion is getting less optimistic and more pessimistic. It's so nice to see people listening.

19. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,296
    Agree. Pretty much what I said in my post. Clearly, the roster needs a major upgrade in talent. Will have disagree with you on the transfers. Maybe one is BE level talent, and that is still to be determined. Never expected miracles from Matta in year one. Then, also never expected how uncompetitive this team is right now. And in many instances, the lack of effort. Not blaming Matta. Yet. As I said, he needs time and he needs players. Holy crap, if ever a program needs for a coach to work his magic and be successful its Matta and its now. Is this program at a crucial crossroads? I think so.

20. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,885
    Rebounding? Not getting dominated in the paint? How to counter defenses playing us physical on the perimeter. There's a lot to dissect; just not a lot that is very fun or that leads to optimism at this point.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen likes this.