Game Thread: Butler Bulldogs at St. John’s (12/23)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by thevinrod, Dec 22, 2021.

1. thevinrod

thevinrod Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $843
    bmradio99 and znelson15 like this.
  2. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,250
    Yes but will there be a game to be played next week after half the team picks up COVID 3.0 in NYC?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,088
    bmradio99 and znelson15 like this.
  4. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,716
    Well maybe we do start conference 1-0 however no matter the team we seen to play bad at St. John’s no matter the arena

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,472
    I agree, we likely need Harris to be able to play effectively to have a chance to win. I remember Butler losing at St. John’s a few seasons ago when the Johnnies were without Shamorie Ponds.

6. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,716
    Is Harris going to be back starting of healthy?
    I am not a fan of him not starting, really don’t get it unless I am missing something…..

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

RampRunner likes this.
  7. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,802
    I could be wrong, but I don’t think we have ever played SJU on the road in anything other than Carnesecca. Butler doesn’t exactly travel well enough for MSG.

znelson15 and NCJon like this.
  8. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,399
  9. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,095
    According to Lukas, Harris will be playing and St. Johns will be without Champagnie and 2 other rotation players. Lukas also wrote Thompson has a 16 to 1 t.o. ratio in the last 2 games, which I think is pretty damn impressive. If he can stay on the floor and Harris and Bolden make some shots I think we win. I always go to the St Johns game. But out of disgust with how the team was playing I made other plans for the evening. I will be not enjoying my other plans bc I will be spending the whole time checking the score. Hopefully we win and follow it up with a good showing at Depaul which will get my hopes up enough to get tickets for UConn on New Years day.

10. Cranjis McBasketball

Money:
    $1,250
    [​IMG]

11. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,631
    W/ SJU's injury issues, I really like how we'll fair in this match. Unfortunately, every time I've thought that, we've gotten whacked. WELP

BURph92 likes this.
  12. Cranjis McBasketball

Money:
    $1,250
    Having the league’s leading scorer out should tip the scales to a very competitive (dare I say winnable) game for us, even with Nze and Hodges out. No excuses for this one. Just get the W, make a bee line for the charter plane, and get the hell out of that city.

13. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,078
  14. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,868
    I'll take in the first half and see what's shaping up. I do agree with some of the SJU guys out, we should be able to at least keep it competitive. If we can't tonight, then when? Here's to hoping.

Plus I despise Anderson.

15. BNiche

BNiche Active Member

Money:
    $305
    One of those rotation players is Joel Soriano, a 6'11" throwback center transfer from my alma mater (Fordham). He would have probably played big minutes, considering what Butler has for big men.

Jeff, you make it out to Queens every year? Man, I live in Manhattan and we (Butler alum wife and I) do the Big East tournament and one other game out of the City - pre-COVID, we did Providence and Newark (Seton Hall) and I'm trying to convince her to travel up to Hartford next year. For some reason, I can't convince her to go to Queens, but I'd like to visit St. John's campus one day. How's the atmosphere there for games?

16. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,399
    first half line is only St John's -3.5 seems like a steal...

17. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,472
    When’s the last time our opponent was expected to be missing more players than Butler?

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  18. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,088
    St. John's is handicapped. If we can't win today, you may as well flush us down the toilet. You should bet the farm on Butler at +6.

19. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,313
    Yet we aren’t?

20. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,571
    MSG in 2014. I remember bc we got blown out and we’re only taking NBA threes. The announcers were speculating we were confused on which three point line we should use.