Game Thread: Butler Bulldogs at St. John’s (12/23)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by thevinrod, Dec 22, 2021.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,164
    Welp. No game.

2. BNiche

BNiche Active Member

Money:
    $313

3. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,742
    What a bummer. Guys probably ready to play and wasted time traveling. And money. Who pays for that charter?

4. willisbrown

Money:
    $14,164
    The chinese.

Robinzine Crying likes this.
  5. willisbrown

Money:
    $14,164
    The bummer is this was a good chance to wash down the bad taste from last weekend and face an opponent that at this time is very beatable. Any big east road win is a confidence booster and this teams needs that in the worst way. Their best player is out...would be nice to play the roll of the team without the best player out. I haven't seen that in damn near two years.

jkcdawgs and BUcheer like this.
  6. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,795
    That was literally my first thought upon hearing the news. I’d guess it’s about $75,000 for the road trip.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,742
    Yesterday SJ had 8 available scholarship players plus a redshirt. The BE said no cancellations unless 7 available players, so apparently another player tested positive…. Agreed Willis, was hoping for a little boost in confidence starting BE play. This stinks.

willisbrown likes this.
  8. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,504
    Getting real bad 2020 BET feels..

NCJon likes this.
  9. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,143
  10. BU Fan in Illinois

BU Fan in Illinois Active Member

Money:
    $396
    Well at least we won't be down double digits in the first half tonight

11. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,601
    More free time this evening - won't complain about that.

12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,504
    Do not be surprised that the season gets cancelled.

13. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,504
    And could have been home with their families or at least heading home.

butlerguy03 likes this.
  14. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,795
    I’d be stunned if the season got cancelled. This is (so far) little like 2020 solely because we know so much more at this point in time than we did then.

Fan attendance being cut back from full capacity-that Wouldn’t surprise me.

BNiche likes this.
  15. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,766
    Schools and the NCAA need to get serious and start requiring COVID-19 vaccination proof to be a spectator/player/coach.

Tentozen, 2xDawg and PSUButlerFan like this.
  16. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,107
    I like it. The gym is very small and the third level is kind of cramped so try and sit lower, it's usually pretty easy to get aftermarket tickets cheap, although that may be a function of how bad of a team they were. The SJ fans aren't rowdy. I went up to Providence a few years ago, bought seats the morning of the game sat a few rows behind the BU bench and sat directly behind Gordon Hayward, which was cool at first but distracting because people kept trying to get his autograph the whole time.
    I did my masters at Fordham and saw a a game there the one year we were in the A10. Would like to get to the UConn next year. Don't know if you have a car, being a Manhattanite, but if you don't and need a ride let me know I live a few minutes from the metro north station, if I'm going to the game I'd be happy to pick you up there and give you a ride to the game.

tlp63 likes this.
  17. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,736
    Not again. Welp

18. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,766
    Posted this over on Holyland:

I think that is my question about the "reschedule" rule that has been changed. It made more sense if the visitor paid to travel and was able to play, and if the home team became unable to play, especially on day-of, for it to be a forfeit. Not sure how you square the two up. Travel to St. John's now will cost double what it normally does, and it wasn't caused by Butler. Also, a reschedule messes up the visiting team's schedule much more than a home team.

19. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,599
    Well now. I guess I’ll take my grandsons to Gainbridge and catch Kmart and the Pacers. Pacers suck more than they have in many a moon but they should be able to hang with Houston.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

Cranjis McBasketball likes this.
  20. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $776
    Why?
    Can we first figure out any of these players, coaches, staff members are even sick?

Why are we testing healthy people?

This game was in NYC. Which means anyone that entered the building had to show proof of vaccination. Obvious that doesn’t matter since it was a COVID problem with the NYC team.

Dunhamfor3 and iluvsnow like this.