Game Thread: Butler Bulldogs at St. John’s (12/23)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by thevinrod, Dec 22, 2021.

1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,795
    Anyone know why the coaching staff and other university employees seemingly do not fall under the Biden/OSHA companies >100 employees mandate?

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Dunhamfor3 likes this.
  2. dawgs2014

Money:
    $8,795
    1. Admits ignorance as to whether those affected are symptomatic or not.

2. IMMEDIATELY Concludes that the affected are asymptomatic.

3. Makes insinuation (based on objectively false info) that asymptomatic Covid positive individuals cannot spread the virus to others.

Ring the conspiracy bell, you get a cookie!

3. dawgs2014

Money:
    $8,795
    Simple solution would be a back to back with both games at Hinkle. Let Butler collect the revenue for both games.

Gets SJU off the hook for having to pay-offers some restitution for Butler, makes rescheduling easy.

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,160
    I like this idea. Not sure if the big east will go for it but it's more doable than trying to squeeze in a trip to NYC in an already loaded schedule. SJU comes to Hinkle Feb 5 which is a saturday. Game scheduled for noon. We have Xavier before on Wednesday night so what I would do is propose to the big east we move Xavier to Tuesday night, play SJU Thursday night and then again Saturday and move the tip back to late afternoon vs the 12pm schedule.

Other option looking at our schedule is playing on Jan 10. We play Xavier on the 7th they play Providence on the 8th. Could play Monday night at SJU with our next game being at Gtown (easy commute NYC-DC) on the 13th. They play Uconn on the 12th.

That 7th-13th is our only real "gap" we have in big east play.

5. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,526
    Heck, Butler played multiple games last year with only 6 or 7 scholarship players available.

6. Dunhamfor3

Dunhamfor3 Active Member

Money:
    $229
    That leads to so many other questions.

Why don’t state run college professors/staff, athletes receiving government paid scholarships, Medicaid recipients, border crossers, or even Medicare patients have to be vaccinated or show reason why they can’t be to get so they can get their benefits. Where exactly is the line?

The hypocrisy runs too deep these days. Rules for some, but not for all

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
  7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,478
    They do. Its not in effect yet for anyone. And in any event, most universities already have a mandate and aren’t full of idiots, so you don’t hear people whining about it.

Last edited: Dec 23, 2021
    2xDawg, Tentozen and bmradio99 like this.
  8. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,478
    Lol

Sent from my iPhone, so it’s probably not written all that well

2xDawg, butlerguy03, NCJon and 2 others like this.
  9. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,914
    The success of Biden's mandates were always in doubt. These are/were a reasonable attempt to fix stupid. And as most of us have known all along, you just can't fix stupid.

10. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,175
    This is why this board needs an actual game so badly.

11. BNiche

BNiche Active Member

Money:
    $313
    Yep, couldn't agree more - other sports forums I'm in are having the same back and forths, some particularly vicious.

12. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,923
    The best way I have seen this stated:

“You aren't gonna logic somebody out of a position they didn't logic themselves into.”

BNiche, 2xDawg, Tentozen and 8 others like this.
  13. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $945
    And now the Thursday Hoya game has been axed as well. League will try to reschedule. COVID in the GU program.

14. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,504
    These cancellations may ultimately help Butler by providing the opportunity to get Nze and Hodges healthy and ready to play that is as long as the entire season isn’t cancelled.

15. dawgs2014

Money:
    $8,795
    We could also spinzone this as “the next key player hurt a joint will miss more games since they will happen over a more compressed time frame.”

16. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,160
    Feb 18th, 5pm tip.

ButlerNut, jkcdawgs and BoyGeoff like this.