Game Thread: Butler vs Central Arkansas (11/12)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Nov 12, 2021.

1. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,490
    I thought the analyst (think it was Bahe maybe?) put it really well. They looked really solid in the 2nd half. This doesn't mean that all is well, but it was the best they've looked so far. Groce needs to stay healthy, because that's the kind of difference maker Butler can really use this year. Nze was solid per usual, but is back to his normal bleh self at the foul stripe.

Will be interesting to see how they play tomorrow. Going 10-22 from 3 always helps.

2. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,177
    Hey I’m just glad Mike Parker’s minutes are allowing you to confirm we might be good.

Shimmy and shoeevv like this.
  3. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,506
    Groce provided a nice boost and things looked fun for a few minutes of game action. Wilmoth needs to shadow Groce this season. If he doesn't start putting the ball on the floor and attacking soon, I fear he will stay offensively passive like someone else.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

willisbrown likes this.
  4. Barchetta6

Barchetta6 Member

Money:
    $24
    Beavis scored. I saw it.

5. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,537
  6. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,281
  7. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,427
    Wasn’t able to watch the game but reading good things about groce.

Surprised not lore talk about Taylor getting 18? Was it garbage points or did he look good

I am guessing he looked good and we are already used to him being buckets.

Anyways so happy to cover and play a strong second half

Cheer dawgs

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  8. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,364
    Taylor was able to slice and dice in the 2nd half. Pretty impressive as a frosh. IMO.

9. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,316
    Not a lot to say. 2nd half looked much better. Groce is a difference maker. Taylor is an impact freshman, and he doesn’t seem too far behind Chuck already.

10. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,239
    butlerguy03 likes this.
  11. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,427
    How do people feel about a

Thompson, Harris, Taylor, groce, Nze Starting lineup

I just think it gives us are best change to have slashers a cutters and athleticism at all positions, which I always think we lack in big east play

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,100
    If Taylor is remotely passable on defense it’s a no brainer.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

bmradio99 and beezer16 like this.
  13. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,270
    This is 100% the lineup. With Golden, Wilmoth, Luko and Bolden off the bench. Hodges too when he’s healthy if he’s any good.

14. seadawg

Money:
    $9,364
    Taylor is more than adequate defensively and is only going to get better.

Tentozen likes this.
  15. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $953
    Did anybody catch Bahe mention that Groce had an MCL sprain and that was his “minor injury” these past few weeks? Doesn’t sound too minor to me those can sometimes take months to recover from. And can you imagine if it was a tear?

2xDawg likes this.
  16. seadawg

Money:
    $9,364
    I do not recall groce wearing a brace on either knee?

17. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,350
    Looks like all the Debbie Downers had to give it a rest as the Dogs played a decent 2nd half. Don’t fret, you get another chance Saturday.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

18. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $953
    Few thoughts:

I’m excited for AT to be back so that Simas doesn’t have to handle it so much. Most of his turnovers were travels last game, and loose handles tonight. It reminds me of soph/junior Kelan Martin.

I don’t know why I keep hoping Bolden’s defense will get better. He left a 3pt shooter to try to take a charge from a guy who was already double teamed.

Golden looked good. Efficient and engaged

FTs continue to be a problem, need a larger sample size. It helps that our guards are taking most of our FT attempts this year. Hope AT worked on it this off-season.

JT looked great. Especially impressed with his defense as a freshman. Most of his points did come in garbage time or from the FT line, but confidence is key. Still waiting for that to translate to his shot.

Wilmoth has all the tools, he just needs to be aggressive. Like others mentioned he needs to be Groce’s understudy this year.

It looks like chuck is getting the cobwebs out. Hasn’t necessarily thrived thus far but he’s being asked to do a lot of facilitating without a PG. I like how (for the most part) he lets the game come to him. He didn’t jack up 12 shots and try to force things.

Tentozen and LeeBU1984 like this.
  19. I like turtles

I like turtles Well-Known Member

Money:
    $662
    Over the last 20 some years, my boy staxawax has been a constant voice of reason and positivity.

This is gonna be a fun year. We have so many young guns that are fearless.

There will be some ups and downs. But this is a very easy team to support. Very similar to the Rosie, Barlow, woods teams

Shimmy, Tentozen, jarik and 1 other person like this.
  20. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,331
    Has been for 5 years. A shame with how he was touted and skills. He'll be maybe depth this year. When he blew his first wheel...it killed him. When he blew his second it nuked him.