Game Thread: Butler vs Central Arkansas (11/12)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Nov 12, 2021.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,331
    I was out tonight at the GF's daughter's game then a dinner thingy after but...if I saw the highlights right, Nze went from braids to an afro. The afro is sooooooo the better look. Not even close

Highlights made me think Chuck maybe did the same? Couldn't tell as much with him.

Either way, a damn good win just to crush someone. Do the same tomorrow and bring on Sparty.

2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,270
    Watching this Nova game… they don’t look very good. Only saw the last 8 min and OT, but they have struggled to score and blew a big lead and lost.

3. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,557
    Somebody else who's a lot less white than I am might know for sure but... maybe he had his hair in braids to help create the fro?

It is a good look. I'm liking this return of afros. They're looking fly on both men and women.

Oh... and to say something about what I saw watching the game: Lukosius is very for real. He dribbles and moves like someone 6'1" and 190 lbs. I'm not sure where all these turnovers came from, he seems to have a very good handle. He's got the eyes and floor-thinking of a quality PG. If he stays 4 years he could possibly play in the NBA afterward. Probably not earlier than that--pro ball, sure, but not NBA.

Where can I get some more Groce? Like to have a player like that for 4 years. He has physical attributes that are routinely unavailable to us. Year after year.

My first chance to see Taylor. He's a baller. Lots of good stuff in him. I do not have my opinions of him quite crystallized yet. But he is big.

I'm looking forward to seeing Tate sooner rather than later. I think he is a very smart player. His poor shooting percentage got away from him last year. Always seemed to me to be worse than he actually is as a shooter. Maybe that's because I'm a fan of his, but maybe it seems like that because he made some important ones. PG of the future for sure, IMO.

I keep really, really wanting and expecting Wilmoth to jump out of the gym with 20 pts, 10 boards and 5 blocks. But something is holding him back. I don't think it's a serious issue, and even if he stayed at the level he's at now, he brings some good stuff to the team.

But I want more. I'm sure he, coach and everyone else does too. I remember not thinking a whole lot of Shawn Vanzant his freshman year. He seemed a loose cannon to me; seemed to gun a lot more than his (apparent) talent suggested he should.

Man, what a turnaround he did over four years. I think Brad has a lot to do with it of course, but definitely Shawn, too. What a balling leader he turned out to be. It's like he did 20 years of basketball maturity in 3 years. What a guy. So, I think Wilmoth could also benefit (more than most... maybe?) from a certain kind of coaching if there was just the right HC/staff for him.

I can't tell yet whether I think Jordan, et.al, are that staff. I am not at all intending to diss LJ by saying this, I just think it would take a special fit. And if it is there MW could turn out to be a monster. He's still just a soph.

Last edited: Nov 13, 2021
  4. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,414
    I think Coles was the Groce you were looking for. Unfortunately, he’s no longer here.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,316
    Thompson, Harris, Taylor, Groce, Nze will be the lineup in the closing minutes of close games. Luko subs in for AT, Golden in for Nze when we’re ahead and need free throws.

2xDawg and znelson15 like this.
  6. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,270
    Groce is way bouncier. He’s an above-the-rim guy.

Coles seemed more like a Chrabascz. Below-the-rim but crafty and could score at all 3 levels.

Tentozen and mwall787 like this.
  7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,331
    Coles had soooo much skill in so many ways. I is sad that he left.

And yes, bubby...the afro look is a good one. Much more than brades.

Groce has played one game so it's probably too early to say "he's awesome" or whatever, but watching some of him the last few years I can safely say his skill set is definitely something we need to be going after in recruiting/transfer. And seeing that we have a 1 man class next year, let's hope we land a slasher in the transfer market.

8. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,352
    If people are looking for us to recruit a Groce lookalike, he's already on the roster. It's Wilmoth! Let's let him develop some offensive skills.

9. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,921
    I don’t know if it’s been mentioned. But I like Bolden much better in his role last night. Didn’t have to force anything. Just shoot 3’s when he’s open.

10. peeps112

peeps112 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $600
    Taylor is going to be a star. So smooth and he’s only a freshman.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

znelson15, ButlerProf, Shimmy and 3 others like this.
  11. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,281
    Then you definitely didn't watch enough. That was an amazing game, watched every minute. Villanova only played 6, if any of their highly touted freshman join the rotation watch out. UCLA also didn't play many. Think just 7. Very high level game at one point they combined to make i believe 8 shots in a row in a stretch with zero sisters over about 8 minutes. Those two teams looked every bit contenders

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app

dawgs2014 likes this.
  12. WDLTH

WDLTH Member VIP Member

Money:
    $120
    Small sample size, but Coles only played 8 minutes, 0 points, 5 rebounds, 3 TOs against McNeese St. (332 Kenpom ranking). I liked Coles' skillset and wish nothing but the best for him. I hope he gets more playing time at TCU. I wonder if he's back to 100% after his injury with us.

13. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,578
    Bolden and Golden were solid in their roles. Get Thompson back, and they can be even more efficient.
    Speaking of Thompson, I think someone (Jared maybe?), said he is the key, and I completely agree. Keep him healthy, and he really helps with eliminating some of the rough patches, both on offense and defense.
    Grove was impressive and Hodges was doing some of those things before he got hurt.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  14. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,557
    Yes! Yes 1000%. I was so excited about Coles. He was great stuff. Why did he leave again?

15. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,281
    Um guessing wanting to distance himself from "the situation" I know I would

Sent from my SM-G986U using Butler Hoops mobile app