Game Thread: Butler vs Chaminade (11/24) - Maui Invitational

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Nov 23, 2021.

1. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,922
  2. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,428
    NCJon likes this.
  3. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,428
  4. BigHoss

BigHoss Well-Known Member

Money:
    $727
    I think a loss here would honestly be more beneficial to the program long term.

5. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,072
    Technically Chaminade could still beat Notre Dame...we'll know in a couple hours!

6. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,448
    In essentially two weeks, we have Chaminade and Saginaw Valley. Two scrubs and two weeks of practice. Then we face Oklahoma. Gotta start the improvement process today bc I don't have much hope left...

[​IMG]

7. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $955
    Watching Chaminade hang with Notre Dame so far. I don’t think this will be a cake walk based upon how we’ve been playing. They are actually much more athletic than I anticipated.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

8. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,438
    They're definitely better than I anticipated. Giving the Irish a run for their money early.

9. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,296
    We struggle too much offensively to have a cake walk against just about anybody. Chaminade will be a challenge if we end up playing them tomorrow.

10. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $955
    Chaminade was beat by Oregon and ND by 25+ each. So of course I’m expecting this to be a 5 point game tomorrow.

11. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,331
    Will be out to dinner with the family and will care less than little about this game or much going forward really. Until there is change it's not worth getting charged up anymore. This team makes me long for Nolan Berry and Smeathers...maybe even that dude that wore #2 in the early 2010s decade people thought would be good but sucked and left.

This team makes me long for JGB and his mother.

12. SCbulldogsfan4life

SCbulldogsfan4life Member

Money:
    $63
    For some what has to be a supernaturally-inspired reason, I still find myself caring about this game. My 3 keys are:
    1. Better offensive movement. Less standing around, harder cuts, and better on-and-off-ball screening. They started out against A&M doing this better, but got caught standing around more and more as the game wore on.
    2. More attacking the basket. I want to see Thompson, Taylor, and Harris attack the rim every semblance of a chance they have. It worked later in the game against A&M. Even if some of their attempts get blocked, they are still likely to make a few, get some foul calls and have chances to kick-out to open shooters.
    3. More assertiveness from Golden. He has simply refused to play like a man this year. Whenever he goes on a long streak of struggling, it is because he is being too passive. On one play last night he failed to rotate to help against a driving guard in an obvious situation and on another he kicked the ball out when he was in the deep post with only 1 defender on him. No more of that. I want to see him channel some Matt Howard and play more passionately and aggressively. I don't care if he fouls out in the first half. In fact I would love to see that if it means he is trying to be the most active player on the floor.

Last edited: Nov 24, 2021
  13. ap234

ap234 Active Member

Money:
    $479
    Tate? Do you mean Harris?

14. ap234

ap234 Active Member

Money:
    $479
    I have no confidence that Butler will win this game even though they should.

15. SCbulldogsfan4life

SCbulldogsfan4life Member

Money:
    $63
    Yes. Original post edited. I WILL mean Tate when he returns lol. Thanks!

16. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,922
    We are now right next to Georgetown in the KenPom ratings. So there's that.

17. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,490
    Not sure if I'll be watching or listening tonight, but sadly, I'll be following along, hoping against reason that something will change. Results no longer matter since for all intents and purposes the season will come down to the Big East tourney, just make some progress.

18. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,331
    Call me crazy but doing all this against a DII squad with little talent isn't going to inspire many. It's not to say this isn't an opportunity to work on things...but until they look like a basketball team against actual top 100 competition, I may listen.

19. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,271
    If we lose, LaVall shouldn’t be allowed on the plane back to Indy.

If we win, it cements Butler’s status as basically a very good DII team.

8pm on ESPNU on a night everyone goes out to bars (at least in normal times)… I can understand why no one cares.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  20. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,316
    Wait...what? Everyone goes to bars the night before Thanksgiving? I can honestly say that in my 41 years, I have never been to a bar the night before Thanksgiving. Then again, "going to the bar" now means lunch with my wife and son before a Butler game at Kilroys.