Game Thread: Butler vs Chaminade (11/24) - Maui Invitational

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Nov 23, 2021.

1. SnoopDawg

SnoopDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,050
    Butler now 0-6 ATS in the first half. Hop on the train people. Don't care if we're playing a DII team.

pjohnsto2003 likes this.
  2. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,284
    With the way the algorithm works (incorporating preseason expectations) six games into the year, it’s fair to say that one would expect Gtown to a be point or two better given where both teams started.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,350
    PSUButlerFan likes this.
  4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,101
    Yeah a lot of people do, especially in their 20s and 30s, it's a huge "reunion" type night plus hardly anyone has to work the next day and for some reason, enjoy soaking up their intense hangovers with dry turkey.

I'm typically with the family and we tend to just go have a nice dinner. Not to say we won't get silly but it's different sipping on wine than seeing how many fb shots you can down in an hour.

A lot of single people do it too...see if that can get that crack at that chick they never had a chance with back in the day but now they have some coin and she'll be wasted and may find him cute. It's a big time chase night. Not quite to the level of New Year's but...not too far off for the youngins.

I am glad those days are behind me. Albeit some wild times...usually they ended pretty poorly and the itch was never worth the scratch.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  5. SCbulldogsfan4life

SCbulldogsfan4life Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,129
    I don't drink, but I may have to start if Butler finds a way to lose tonight . . .

DawgsMD, BURph92, bumba and 1 other person like this.
  6. Woof

Woof Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,349
    Taking a glass-half-full approach, you could argue this game is a win-win regardless of the outcome.

If we win, perhaps the players gain some confidence, maybe the coaching staff discovers an offensive set, we carry that momentum into future performances and resurrect our season.

If we lose, LaVall is done, whether it's at the end of the season or before he gets back to Indy. There's no scenario where he survives a four-game skid of the worst displays of basketball culminating in a loss to a DII team. We go through a season or two of rebuilding, but our new, competent coach at least has us played Butler Basketball again.

We can dream.

7. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,818
    Second time in 24 hours you’ve made me lol. (First was the post about rats feasting on your carcass in the gutter.) A dispirited, desolate, demoralized Willis is as funny as heck. Only thing on here that lifts my spirits—tip of the hat Willis!

DawgsMD and willisbrown like this.
  8. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,297
    If we win tonight and start a ten game winning streak we are back in the ncaa talk!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,297
    88 has to be the highest a butler team has been in kenpom 6 games into the season in awhile.

We usually win some crucial games to start the year, but I may be wrong. Either way 88 is a long way from ncaa tournament

10. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,101
    Glad your glass is half full...at this point I don't even know where the hell the damn glass is.

DawgsMD likes this.
  11. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $13,151

…. or 9:00 pm.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

12. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,284
    Interesting point. I checked. 2012 after 6 we were 98.

znelson15 likes this.
  13. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,818
    Not sure why we are featuring a player who has played 5 minutes this week. I don’t care if the love doesn’t get spread around—feature your best player from the last game.

14. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,417
    Didn’t we lose our exhibition that year?

15. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $19,696
    Hi. I’m in Iowa. That’s central time. The Game is at 8 for me. I used that time since it illustrates my other point - it’s after dinner and when everyone will be out at the bars.

If we’re being technical, I should have said 6, because that’s when the game takes place in Las Vegas where it is being played.

bmradio99 likes this.
  16. dawgs2014

Money:
    $10,284
    Yeah but exhibition games don’t get factored in and I think non d1 games do not either

znelson15 likes this.
  17. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,861
    I'm having a very difficult time containing my anticipation for this huge match-up...

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  18. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,217
    I’m hoping for us to trounce them so I get to watch one win coming all the way out here. Lol

znelson15 and NCJon like this.
  19. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,894
    Man, you must really get after it if 8pm is prime bar time.

20. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,500
    I bet the bars tonight are bros and wanna-be bros with few women.