Game Thread: Butler vs N.C. State (11/25) (Battle 4 Atlantis)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by NCJon, Nov 25, 2022.

1. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,558
    This team folds at the slightest whiff of resistance, and it doesn’t have anything to do with depth. They can’t fking shoot. It’s that simple.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,643
    Are guards are very flustered right now

It also sucks bates just has to let big guys work him down low so he stays out if foul trouble

I’d rather double down and for e the pass and make them hit the outside shot

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. WAJC77

WAJC77 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,409
    and whats with Simas?? cant even hit the rim on those little runners in the lane... no wonder he is trying to pass out when driving to the basket... I fear the concussions have spread among the entire team like Covid !!

Tentozen likes this.
  4. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,842
    Taylor and Luko need to be driving.

bumba, dippper61 and Woof like this.
  5. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,886
    NM, it just continued to get worse.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

6. Ross Hall

Ross Hall Active Member

Money:
    $340
    It’s now a pattern. Can’t create any kind of offense against a team with a pulse.

7. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,996
    I’m not sure any transfer, from Tucker to Clarke, can fix how bad this looks.

8. Woof

Woof Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,533
    It’s all mental. We’re beating ourselves. NC State isn’t playing mind blowing defense. Bizarre turnovers, ball getting stuck in one players hands, little movement, passing up good shots for harder shots.

Our defense hasn’t been too bad in the half-court. We gave up a big chunk off of turnovers. But we’ve got to get some better looks in the second half, and get out of our own heads.

Tentozen and jeff like this.
  9. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $3,886
  10. WAJC77

WAJC77 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,409
    How is it our program has no walkons .... cant just sit some starters and put in shock troops to send a message.

11. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $3,886
    Once an athletic team overplays our guards, they get flustered, out of control and just want to try to get the ball out of their hands be it a bad pass or an uncomfortable shot.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

Tentozen and Ross Hall like this.
  12. Army Dawg!!!

Army Dawg!!! Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,191
    I don’t think butler is trying to take forced shots. We don’t have any space to shoot so they all looked forced. We have talked about it over and over. We lack speed on the perimeter, which causes turnovers and contested shots. Our guards and wings can’t create separation which means they have a hard time creating their own shots. We have good players, we don’t have great players. Not right now.

shoeevv and BoyGeoff like this.
  13. SCbulldogsfan4life

SCbulldogsfan4life Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,366
    Well it could be worse. We could be Villanova.

Carmel Caramels and bumba like this.
  14. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,643
    Honestly I think we beat a really good byu team

It’s matchups and Tennessee and no state have guards that can do damage l, byu did not

Doesn’t mean we did t beat a good byu team it’s just means we are not ready to face elite guards

Taylor is doing great( he has the job of guarding a top ten pick), luko, hunter, Harris are all kinds of flustered

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,907
    We have 5 scholarship guys hurt right now. BU is not this bad. We just haven't changed our offense to reflect who is available.

2xDawg and jeff like this.
  16. Woof

Woof Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,533
    Hard to create separation when we don’t use any screens and dribble in the same place for 10 seconds!

WAJC77 and bumba like this.
  17. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,051
    9 straight point off of turnovers in 3 minute stretch. That’s the mental toughness Thad was talking about.
    Outside of those turnovers, we also also shot 3 jump shots and missed 2 layups

18. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,996
    This kind of wreaks of denial. Byu is not good, plus how many big east teams won’t have those kinds of guards? Georgetown and DePaul? This is going to be another long season unless the injured transfers really are game changers

bmradio99 likes this.
  19. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,334
    They missed a lot of open looks, also.

20. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,907
    This. We should be using motion to beat speed. It just kind of seems like they're moving around aimlessly without purpose. No back screens. No high pick & roll to get Manny moving down the lane. That's on the staff. They're seeing the same piss poor shooting from deep that we are.

Bernie44 likes this.