Game Thread: Butler vs. Texas A&M (11/23) - Maui Invitational

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ConnersvilleBulldog, Nov 22, 2021.

1. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,056
    As I recall, the dance band on the “Titanic” could play.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

tlp63, willisbrown, bwesson15 and 5 others like this.
  2. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,560
    Looks like the Golden who returned after Covid. The last month of last season he got in a groove and looked SO much better. Where did that guy go?

3. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,056
    Not really. Just need to write a blank check to a top tier coach. Fixed in 2 years. That is all it will take. I see no other path out of the muck and the mire we are enveloped in.

4. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,974
  5. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $984
    Was anyone else annoyed by the cross court passes used to bring up the ball all game? It didn't seem necessary and just gave us less time to execute in the front court.

Tentozen likes this.
  6. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $971
    Are we hoping that notre dame wins tonight so that we can (hopefully) leave Vegas with at least 1 win against chaminade tomorrow? Or do we root for chaminade because that means we will get a decent opponent tomorrow (but likely fall 0-3)

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $619
    The "Team Chemistry" is normally established during team camp and early season practices. Knowing teammate's tendencies and repetitive sets, skill sets, court iq, etc builds the Unit. For the last 4 years Butler has been snakebite with withdrawals, outbound transfers, injuries, etc. Being personally familiar with a few targeted student-athletes that wanted BU more than BU wanted them including 1 now in the NBA, judging talent is an issue though Wilmouth was a good choice. City Rocks had others that BU looked at and passed on including a point guard that could combo too. After the issue with Washington, BU overlooked kids like Roddy Gayle who TJ recruited and signed for TOSU and Willie Lightfoot. Just my opinion.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  8. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,358
    They were necessary to avoid the trap waiting in the front court. Unfortunately it didn’t make any difference.

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

znelson15 and dawgs2014 like this.
  9. Staxawax

Staxawax Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,358
    Anyone? Bueller?

10. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,073
    First game this season I didn't watch or listen to. With family already in town, I had other stuff to do and frankly I wasn't very excited based on the last two games. Looks like I didn't miss much.

znelson15 likes this.
  11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,436
    I'm rooting for Notre Dame. Beating Chaminade does nothing for this program in my mind. Losing to them would be the ultimate recruiting embarrassment.

12. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $984
    Thanks for the explanation.

13. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,289
    Wait… who that’s in the NBA wanted to come to Butler and Butler said no? And who made THAT decision?

14. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,312
    Luke Brown

15. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,289
    znelson15 likes this.
  16. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,599
    I know I’m gonna get dragged for this. But I haven’t been watching much of the Maui games. I can’t. The team isn’t fun to watch right now. This has nothing to do with winning or losing. But just playing Butler basketball. No one moves on offense. No one boxes out. No one plays lights out D. Screens aren’t there. Extra pass isn’t there. More turnovers in this tournament than Butler used to have in a season (yes, it’s an exaggeration).

And to top it off, listening to Jay Bilas was the last straw

Tentozen, IndyDawgs, #60 and 2 others like this.
  17. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,562
    I think he could be starting in the not too distant future. He showed even more than usual today.

Meanwhile, I'm not going to give up on Luko. He's a freshman. I got all excited when I first saw him play but I tend to get carried away admiring a player who shows he's good with fundamentals and has (in my judgement) potential. But he's not yet at the level I first thought.

He has shown some ability (IMO) and that won't go away. I don't think his handle is bad per se but quick defenders are, so far, having their way with him.

dawgs2014 likes this.
  18. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,562
    Deep down, we're all winners!

19. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,926
    Maybe Jordan Nwora?

You can also probably add Desmond Bane to that list. Butler never pulled the trigger on an offer for him.

20. jarik

jarik Active Member

Money:
    $218
    This game did not look as much like a varsity versus JV scrimmage, which was nice.