Game Thread: Butler vs The Citadel (11/19)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by noltar, Nov 19, 2022.

1. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,383
    11 blocks wasn't the school record? I wonder when the record was set.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  2. Jimmy Lafakis

Jimmy Lafakis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,196
    Nice to see us take care of business from wire to wire! That was smooth

3. SCbulldogsfan4life

SCbulldogsfan4life Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,334
    At least 2 more times since you posted that

the_speakers_lab likes this.
  4. WAJC77

WAJC77 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,274
    Wish we had a bench we could've emptied for this one, we need some walkons this season --where's Campbell Donovan when we need him!

UDDawg likes this.
  5. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,838

LOL....hey, that side gig is funding all my fun right now. Outside of work, I've literally been on the road with Duran Duran for two months. :)

troggy and 2xDawg like this.
  6. WAJC77

WAJC77 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,274
    So we're going to set season records for dunks and blocks this year ??

znelson15 likes this.
  7. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $454
    We did. We just have 4 injuries.

8. bu1973

bu1973 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $821
    I'd love to see the number of touches per possession this season compared to last season. The more touches that Lukosius gets per game, the better chance we have to win, I believe. Citadel was not very good, and had a bad game at that ( sloppy passes), but we played well. Is Many Bates the first transfer we have had that was actually much better than advertised. Maybe Rotnei. A game like that gives everyone so much confidence. One of my coaching witticisms was unselfishness is contagious and selfishness is contagious. Fun to watch and that Thomas dunk was unreal.

joliebeth23 likes this.
  9. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,574
    Yes it is

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

10. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,424
  11. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,485
    TIL that Duran Duran is still a thing... If I were you I would be quote/retweeting @trollfootball as much as possible, however that's also why no soccer club would give me control of its sm ac

joliebeth23 likes this.
  12. Woof

Woof Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,424
    Davis mentioned on the broadcast that Marta’s been trying to instill in our guards not to immediately dribble as soon as they touch the ball, which was one of the big drivers of our garbage offense under Lavall.

Immense improvement in this game, ball movement was crisp. Rarely did a player have the ball longer than a few seconds, and it led to a good shot more often than not. A far cry from watching AT and Harris dribble the air out of the ball for the entire shotclock every possession last two years.

13. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,574
    Well that was really really fun again

Taking care of business against way less competition makes me sleep well at night

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

BURph92 likes this.
  14. WAJC77

WAJC77 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,274
    Perhaps Mike Green (Towson State) even more so than Rotnei.... and not sure we thought Pete Campbell was going to shoot for us like he did.

15. joliebeth23

joliebeth23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,838
    Dude, they just got inducted into the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, and I went to the live ceremony. Airing on HBO tonight.

And #GoDawgs.

godogs91, peeps112, 2xDawg and 2 others like this.
  16. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,218
    And with that jump, Georgetown now is the underdog in every Big East game this season per Kenpom after going a perfect 0-20 last season. How does Ewing keep his job? I get that he's a legend at Georgetown, but they can't let him drive that program into the ground. Does he have incriminating pictures of the school's president or something?

joliebeth23 likes this.
  17. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,218
    All eight Butler players who played at least 10 minutes had an O Rating over 100:
    Thomas 161
    Bates 155
    Hughes 155
    Lukosius 154
    Hunter 143
    Taylor 137
    Harris 104
    Tate 103

One thing that was impressive offensively for Butler was their shot selection. Almost every shot was either an open three, a dunk, a layup, or a short jumper. The first long two-point attempt that I remember was Hunter's at about 9 minutes left in the second half. Even if they're not hitting at the rate they did tonight, they'll do pretty well with that kind of shot selection. Admittedly, that won't be as easy against stronger opponents, but it's very encouraging to see them making good decisions in that area of the game.

The team that started the year not being able to hit the side of a barn is now in the top 100 (96th) in the country in three-point percentage (36.6%) and sixth in the country in two-point percentage (63.2%).

Defensively, the 11 blocks were amazing. Butler blocked 35% of The Citadel's two-point attempts, which means, even before taking into account inherent inaccuracies in shooting, 35% of their two-point shots had no chance to be successful.

Last edited: Nov 19, 2022
  18. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $15,040
    And keep in mind this is still largely weighed down by the preseason projection (which had us 130th). The preseason projection is only gradually faded out by the real results and isn’t fully “worked out” of the ratings until January.

jeff likes this.
  19. Jimmy Lafakis

Money:
    $1,196
    355C7D52-F37E-44A5-8449-A55A2BDC5247.jpeg

He told me he loves playing in Hinkle! Let’s keep the energy going for him and the guys

20. Jimmy Lafakis

Money:
    $1,196
    I really do think this is a fraction. When at full strength, this team is going to be quite deep. I could tell that they’re developing more chemistry. The ball movement was fluid tonight and it didn’t stick much. Got stops, pushed the pace and got the looks in transition. This team will surprise some people in a great way.