Georgetown Hoyas (3-6, 1-4) at Butler Bulldogs (1-3, 2-5), Wednesday, 1/6, 7:00 PM EST (FS1)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Jan 4, 2021.

1. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,478
    It happened like immediately before a TV timeout. Easy to have missed. Didn't happen on screen but we were informed of it.

Eric likes this.
  2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,711
    Yeah I was out too. Was eating through the first half then really locked in the second half, and was wondering why we saw nothing of him. If it was because of a technical foul, that's lame.

3. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,920
    Lame or not it worked out. I just don't think that was the reason. BU had a decisive quickness advantage and found ways to use it.

4. jal8908

jal8908 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,421
    It was kinda bizarre. Myles was defending him earlier in the possession on the out of bounds and was reaching out just to keep contact and Pickett kept slapping his hand away. Then they both ended up on the sideline after the loose ball and were jawing with each other. Didn't seem to be anything crazy or over the top, but it was a bit extended.

Took a minute for the announcement to be made in Hinkle too.

5. Ignatius J. Reilly

Money:
    $6,478
    There will likely be more technical fouls this year since you can hear everything on the court without fans. We saw that in Providence too.

6. Crash

Crash Well-Known Member

Money:
    $484
    Why on the staff and not on the court? NCAA granted all winter athletes an extra year, regardless of class.
    Should our SR's decide to return, we would have an absolutely loaded team. So will many other programs that don't rely on NBA talent.

DawgPoundMac and firedupkaren like this.
  7. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,356
    I'll be honest, he may not be a starter next year if he did return. Secondly, I didn't think about extra eligibility - I imagine it will be the exception to see seniors return to any team next year. I bet it would feel like you're overstaying your welcome to a lot of guys.

8. Ignatius J. Reilly

Money:
    $6,478
    He would 10000000% be a starter if he returned next year. No debate.

9. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,502
    We're talking about Aaron Thompson here, right...?

10. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,690
    I think he’d be our mvp for at least this season and next. I think Tate is likely the only person currently on the roster who has the potential to become more valuable. (Bc Tate is also a pg) AT despite his glaring deficiencies, is just a really good college player.

It seems like we could insert almost any player we graduate into that last sentence, which I think is a big program accomplishment.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

11. GodawgsXsucks

GodawgsXsucks Member

Money:
    $147
    Aaron Thompson ??? Won’t be a starter if he returned?? The same guy who started since he was a freshmen? Holy **** that’s a dumb statement

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

SnoopDawg, Staxawax and 2xDawg like this.
  12. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,920
    AT could be designated as "player-coach"...

Staxawax likes this.
  13. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,618
    It was a double technical with Pinkett.

14. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,502
    It was ridiculously weak. I think the refs just got tired of any sort of extracurriculars, because that was the 3rd or 4th time in the half that refs felt the need to step in.

BUcheer likes this.
  15. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,593
    Can I just say that I, for one, appreciate your "spoiler" in your comment about the technical foul!

the_speakers_lab and bmradio99 like this.
  16. I like turtles

I like turtles Well-Known Member

Money:
    $552
    I nominate this for the Hottest Take of the Year Awards. I had to reread a few posts multiplle times to make sure he was talking about Aaron Thompson. This take is a gem and must be immortalized

I am not sure there is a single team in America that wouldn't start AT next year. I could be missing a Collin Gillespie type somewhere but still. Coaches would kill for a 5th year players to helm an offense despite his poor shooting.

SnoopDawg, 2xDawg, BoyGeoff and 5 others like this.
  17. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,356
    I love AT, no doubt. He’d likely start next year. My remark was somewhat flippant - spitballing, if you will.

You all went nuts on me on this! lol

Still think that returning seniors will be the exception, not the rule.

18. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,690
    There are likely numerous teams on which he would not start. He’s a borderline all conference player. That’s not a guy who likely starts at point guard for a championship caliber team, and you can’t start him not at point guard.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

19. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,734
    Does anyone remember what kind of bags Beilein had at Michigan? It seems, from my limited memory, that their bigs usually had a perimeter game. LaVall has gone after a couple of "traditional" bags in Jaxson and the guy that went to Missouri (I think). How do we think the combo Coles, Wilmoth and Hughes matches up with the kind of size and length we see regularly?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

20. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,917
    Main Bigs (I think) for Michigan under Beilien from 2010 on:

2010: DeShawn Sims - 21-for-74 from three
    2011: Jordan Morgan - 0-for-0 (did have Evan Smotrycz as a nice stretch 4/5 tho)
    2012: Jordan Morgan - 0-for-0 (again had Smotrycz as a 4/5)
    2013: Jordan Morgan - 0-for-0 (Mitch McGary year as well, who was 0-for-0)
    2014: Jordan Morgan - You guessed it, 0-for-0
    2015: Ricky Doyle - 0-for-0, Mark Donnal - 7-for-19, and Max Bielfeldt - 8-for-30
    2016: Mark Donnal - 10-for-33, Ricky Doyle - 0-for-0, Moe Wagner - 2-for-12
    2017: Moe Wagner - 45-for-114, DJ Wilson - 41-for-110 (coaches have compared Wilmoth to Wilson at times)
    2018: Moe Wagner - 63-for-160, Jon Teske - 0-for-1
    2019: Jon Teske - 23-for-77

Jon Horford was a reserve for a few years in there and was 1-for-10 from three across 1085 minutes. I'm sure I missed some pieces, I went down the list pretty quick on SR. I'm getting ready for bed so if this looks stupid or poorly done in the morning, I blame being tired.