Georgetown Hoyas (5-10, 3-7) vs Butler Bulldogs (7-10, 6-8), Saturday, 2/13, 1:30 PM EST (CBSSN)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by ButlerNut, Feb 10, 2021.

1. Al_

Al_ Member

Money:
    $62
    I’m praying that AT decides not to come back next year. He needs to move on. Hopefully, JMM is sent packing. What a waste of a scholarship.

2. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,362
    Maybe that's it...I haven't looked at stats yet (don't want to) 11 assists blows my mind though. Something seemed off. I think I saw him take it to the rack maybe a couple times? And no mid rangers or floaters. He just seemed, eyeball wise, different than the other night. Shrug.

Also, I think it's ridiculous he still hasn't developed a shot in 4 years but-if teams are sagging off of him like that, knowing he's no threat, he's got to jack a couple. Just to make them think a little. Gtown played him like every team should. Off him by 8-10 feet. Many many what would be considered good looks. I wouldn't hate him taking a couple of those. Right now our opponents believe he won't even take the shot. That's bad.

BoyGeoff, shoeevv and Tentozen like this.
  3. WDLTH

WDLTH Member VIP Member

Money:
    $67
    True. It doesn't appear we've replaced the Basketball Analyst position. You should throw your hat in the ring for the position.

4. Dale Denton

Dale Denton Member

Money:
    $77
    How dare Dakich trash this team and this program. I might not have much fight left in me, but I’d give that loser 30 seconds of total fury.

Hindsight 20/20, the timing was just a year or 2 too early for Nate Oats. This program needs Groce, Alford, or Leon Rice sooner rather than later.

Last edited: Feb 13, 2021
  5. BigHoss

BigHoss Active Member

Money:
    $426
    It’s a good thought, WDLTH. However, I don’t think Butler can afford someone as qualified and accomplished as me. I won’t accept a lowball offer, which is what I’d likely get. Barry, PM me if you want to get serious.

6. WDLTH

WDLTH Member VIP Member

Money:
    $67
    An office in the basement of Hinkle, and a $500 gift card to CiCi's Pizza..... you couldn't say no to that. You have to take Wilmoth with you to CiCi's everyday though.

7. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,851
    Not a lot of positives to take from this game. But here are two:

1.) You have to be happy for Christian David. Dude has worked his way back from multiple injuries. It had to feel good to see some shots fall.

2.) I liked the back-door lob to Bo with the first offensive possession in the 2nd half.

That pretty much exhausts the list.
    AT had 11 assists, but like Willis said, for some reason he still seemed a bit off this game.

8. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,548
    They shot their free throws well. 89% has to be a season high. Plus, 19 assists on 23 made shots. 12 steals, to boot. I’m all out of positives after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

9. Al_

Al_ Member

Money:
    $62
    Don’t forget LaVall’s shirt. That was a positive. I know it pumped me up.

10. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,592
    Dumb take of the day!

2xDawg likes this.
  11. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,988
    I said "like Synergy" as an example bc Synergy is the most recognized name... Trust me, they have the data and they track more data of their own during the team's practices.

I'd like to point out, I'm not disagreeing with you on the subject. If you wanna go back, you'll see I was one of the first ppl to say once Hodges was eligible to play 4 out and 1 in.

12. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,313
    Having access and understanding/knowing how to use/implement the data are also completely different things.

It’s also entirely plausible they they have the data and don’t know what to do with it or make of it.

13. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,988
    If you'd like a reason or excuse for why they ignored the smaller lineup today, Georgetown is big, long, and good at offensive rebounding. Blame it on lack of adjusting. Last time we beat them and held them to 55 points by playing big with Nze/Golden/JMM playing 61 minutes. So run it back. Welp

14. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,601
    I always want AT to do this more. I am fine with losing games if are team leader is taking shots.

Also I may be off here but it seems AT rarely puts a streak of good games in a row together.

Seems like every fourth game he is all over the state line and making huge impacts in the game.

Either way wasn’t able to watch today due to indoor swimming to do something besides stare outside at the -18 degree weather, but sounds like we really need to change the lineup. Bolden has gone downhill fast and may need a change of scene as Kelan got sometimes.

I really want to see some small ball up pick up the pace style just for fun. May not work but nothing to lose right now

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,756
    Who won the St. John's game? I couldn't believe it when LVJ trotted out the same stale lineup he uses to start every game. They were horrible. Then, he does it again with the same group of underachievers to start the second half! Was he trying to make a statement on just how bad they play? Sad to say, he never gave us a chance to win. Harris or Tate or both should have played from the very start. Can't wait to see Bolden in the starting lineup vs Marquette. I'm pissed.

willisbrown likes this.
  16. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,245
    What is interesting is the announcers talking about his 5 or 25 motto he’s been talking about. Announcers said LV has been saying no matter your minutes give your all. Well several guys we didn’t see their all, did they get pulled? No. So so much for that rule. And if you don’t follow your own rules for certain, what precedent does it follow for other teammates.

If the starting 5 next game isn’t AT, Harris, Hodges, Nze and not Golden/bolden, I’ll struggle to watch. Starting lineup -16/100 possessions vs all other lines up +3/100 possessions is all I need to see

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

UDDawg, willisbrown and ButlerNut like this.
  17. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $924
    Working and missed the game. Checked the final score. Decided to read the board before watching recorded game. Then decided not to watch the game. I don't think or at least cannot recall making a decision to not watch a game.
    Took a look at the last 5 games on our schedule. We are at the Crossroads. Not looking for any soul selling, but it sure seems like they need to rekindle some fire. Hoping to see the freshman given a chance to make a statement for what next year can be.

18. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,168
    It was evident within 5 minutes of the start that for what ever reason, BU didn't have it yesterday. What ever "it" is ? There are no excuses or explanations for that performance, period. An absolute dreadful effort overall !

19. WMUDog

WMUDog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $807
    A quote from Jordan: “They beat us in effort and energy to start the game,” coach LaVall Jordan said. “And throughout the game, to be honest.” Bryce Golden added that they were punched in the mouth and didn't respond. He said this comes from practice and preparation. OK, so they identified the problem. Nobody said "hey they were just better than us." We see this every game. The coach can even identify the problem. Why the hell can't he address the problem? I am not say "get rid of LJ. Far from it. I am just saying, good coaches have their players ready to play. Good coaches double as sports psychologists.

20. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,368
    To me the most annoying point was their inability to get back on defense. Giving up wide open transition 3’s is also just getting out worked.

willisbrown likes this.