Groce and Wilmoth

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Baseline, Dec 8, 2021.

1. Baseline

Baseline Well-Known Member

Money:
    $861
    vs Chaminade, Groce went 8-9 and 2-2 from the arc. Since then he has taken 4 shots TOTAL. Has scored 3 pts with 3 total rebounds. Jogs up and down the court. Zero emotion, passion, enthusiasm. Everyone sees it. The guy has some ability but something is definitely wrong. He won't even look at the basket when he catches the ball. Barely any effort to get a rebound. I don't understand why LJ puts him on the court if this is how he reacts to adversity.
    Wilmoth played 2 minutes vs SV State and 3 minutes last night.
    Both players are 6'9. It would seem that their size will be needed in conference play but man, something is definitely wrong. Does anyone have any inside info about this.

tobystorrs, HoosierDawg and Tentozen like this.
  2. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,270
    Is this not the purview of Omar Lowery?

3. Baseline

Money:
    $861
    Does he coach the big men?

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,229
    I noticed some pretty bad body language from Groce last night. I didn't watch the last two games so, no clue before last night. Something is up with Wilmoth because he was playing pretty well when others were playing awfully bad...and he's seen 5 minutes in two games.

Yes we need their size and athleticism for sure. I guess we'll see what happens going forward but neither is giving me much good feeling right now.

5. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $4,770
    Groves doesn’t seem to emote much, much like Tucker. He seemed involved in locker room tweet, just more stoic.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

huss587 likes this.
  6. Baseline

Money:
    $861
    Yeah, he may just be that type of person. He DID seem more active and took a couple shots early in the 2nd half last night. I didn't see any reason why he sat the rest of the game. Wilmoth looks like his shot is much improved. He moves well. I don't get it but having coached for many years, I understand that none of us are in the locker room or practice. We just don't know all the details. I just hate to see those two big guys barely contributing.

ChiDawg3 likes this.
  7. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,270
    Yes, that is my understanding that he has the “bigs”

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app