Hark's Bark Mailbags

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Nov 20, 2020.

1. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,502
    If you had to describe each year of Butler Basketball that you’ve followed with a song, what songs would you choose?

Also, you should post a link to your wedding registry here.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

2. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $479
    By March, which freshman is getting the most minutes per game and how many minutes is that (including Scooby since he sat out last year)?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,188
    Is the 243nd ranked 3FG% team still in the market for a shooter? If so, names? How do you see the team improving its shooting from outside? Will any of the current newcomers play enough to make a difference to improve this subpar aspect?

4. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,578
    Last call for Qs before I start diving into writing. Will probably have it posted tomorrow.

Last edited: May 20, 2021
    cornette33 likes this.
  5. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,112
    I know our culture is "special" compared to most other programs, but I'm still scratching my head at how LaVall and staff are going to keep everyone happy with playing time. Do you think it's possible we'll actually see 10+ guys play consistent minutes, especially once everyone is *hopefully* healthy?

ButlerProf likes this.
  6. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,578
    HARK'S BARK POSTED (mailbags are always free-to-read): https://www.patreon.com/posts/51541640

Other notes: I have to think more about the songs question. That's a fun one, and I'll answer it when I have more time to think. I haven't asked the staff about any players, in particular, therefore I don't know how excited they are about Scooby and don't want to put words in their mouths. As far as individual workouts, there are some returners on campus doing some work though I don't know what that specific work is - plus I believe Taylor has spent some time doing open gyms with other D1 guys in the midwest.

Last edited: May 21, 2021
  7. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,151
    Thanks Lukas. Always appreciate your insight, perspective, and time.

8. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $4,578
    Maybe my theory on Tate from this piece wasn't too far-fetched.

9. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,154
    Would still be an insane recovery time if he were to be back before 2022. There's not a lot of movement or jumping going on, so still not going to get excited, but it's encouraging that he's at least getting some work in even if it's just standing shots. Would be happy to have him back, but not going to bank on it until he's able to do more.

estar20dawg likes this.
  10. godogs91

godogs91 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,126
    Great to see him working his way back. On another note, am I wrong, or are those portable basket stanchions they are shooting at on the ends rather than the semi-permanent ones we usually have?

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

11. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,502
    Good catch. It looks like they may be keeping the ones from the NCAA tourney as I speculated they may.

12. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,218
    Yes—they kept the tournament goals.

13. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,502
    I think it looks so much better. Much cleaner.

2xDawg likes this.
  14. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,599
    Random thought: at this point wouldn’t it make sense to really push the recovery? Worst case you screw it up again and you’ve got well over a year to be ready for next season, which was kind of the projection if you didn’t push it, anyway?

15. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,178
    No. If it doesn’t heal correctly it can cause permanent damage. And he may never get his quickness/speed back.

Based on that video, just plant your ass on the FT line and shoot about 5000 per day. Then he can be at 90% in 2022

16. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,599
    More damage than he initially did by tearing it, such that it wouldn’t be correctable by surgery?

17. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,218
    They also allow for more interesting broadcast angles with space built in to accommodate cameras.

18. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,159
    The rim definitely sounded louder.

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,178
    Beyond my level since I’m not an orthopedic surgeon, but I know you don’t want surgery on the same ACL twice.

Nor should your goal ever be “push really hard Bc if we **** this up you can just get it repaired again”.

The rehab at Penn State was brutal. Most guys never want to go thru that again.

2xDawg likes this.
  20. dawgs2014

Money:
    $7,502
    And they theoretically could put an LED board on there and that means $$$$$.