Hark's Bark Mailbags

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Nov 20, 2020.

1. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,308
    What will be the average age of the team once the season begins? Is this the oldest team in the nation?

2. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,445
    What were the development plans for the players during the off season? Who was healthy and fully able to work on their game and who was rehabbing/injured (I saw you noted Bo had an off season knee injury that may or may not have inhibited his development). Who has popped or shown improvement thus far?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

3. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,130
    Just getting on top of part of this right now: Hodges has* an offseason knee injury. This occurred a few weeks back and has been described as "minor" but they are moving "slowly and cautiously to get him back to 100%" as of a week and a half ago.

I'll get to the rest in the piece, but just didn't want people to panic, though the timeline isn't what most would want. I've been given no reason to worry about it at this time.

Last edited: Sep 25, 2021
    seadawg likes this.
  4. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,902
    That worries me ...

Schulzy, BoyGeoff, znelson15 and 5 others like this.
  5. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,130
  6. BURph92

BURph92 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,210
    Thanks so much for taking the time to respond to our questions Lukas. Always enjoy your work & insight.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

jeff and Lukas Harkins like this.
  7. Brett

Brett Active Member

Money:
    $189
    Lukas you are the best. This was a great review and I am super pumped for this year.
    I am really looking for Golden to have a breakout year. He has put on muscle, lost pounds
    and is healthy.

Lukas Harkins likes this.
  8. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $2,445
    Two quick questions: remind me on AT's shoulder. Shooting or non-shooting? Has Bo been able to get shots up and do individual skills work? Or, have these activities been listed by the knee, as well?

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

9. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $594
    Thank you Lukas for the insights.

Lukas Harkins, 2xDawg and NCJon like this.
  10. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,130
    Thanks for all of the kind words, everyone!

I'll work on getting more clarification, 95, but don't want to keep bombarding the staff with Qs non-stop. I would guess that Bo has not been able to do individual drills.

2xDawg, NCJon, #60 and 1 other person like this.
  11. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $751
    I know Wilmoth only put on 5 pounds but I hope his body is Big East ready

12. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,276
    With the pandemic, last year's frosh did not have the benefit of a summer strength program.

13. WDLTH

WDLTH Member VIP Member

Money:
    $110
    Lukas, here's a potential question for your next mailbag. What percentage of our team is vaccinated? This is not a political question, but one that is popping up more as it relates to sports, and could impact player availability if they have to quarantine. I know some schools have shared this type of info. Izzo said everyone in his program is vaccinated. I also know it's a very hot topic in the NBA right now. Thanks!

14. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,130
    Well, I was explicitly told about a week ago not to post this publicly until I was told I was able to...but I guess that doesn't matter now:

Everything I've said to this point on the injury is the same: Was described as "minor" to me by the staff but they are being cautious in his recovery. Won't be back by start of season (that I wasn't supposed to post, hence my TBD comment in the Hark's Bark and why I said I don't think he's doing drills).

ButlerNut and tlp63 like this.
  15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,902
    Aaaaaand here we go with the knee injuries. I thought it was a one year bug but, looks like eligibility, it has an extra year.

16. TheDawgDub95

Money:
    $2,445
  17. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,276
    Bo should see the court by December.

18. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,847
    Doesn’t the school require vaccines?

19. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,474
    I think we may be thankful we have an extra deep roster come March...

2xDawg likes this.
  20. ButlerProf

ButlerProf Active Member

Money:
    $390
    Yes, it does! Announced early summer: Vaccinations required for all employees, faculty & staff, and students. There are medical and religious exemptions available. I’m fairly certain I read or heard we have a 95% vaccination rate on campus. This however doesn’t answer the specific question re: men’s bball.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app