Hark's Bark Mailbags

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Lukas Harkins, Nov 20, 2020.

1. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,992
    After what happened to NC State in the College World Series this summer, any NCAA program that doesn't require vaccinations of its athletes is foolish just from a competitive standpoint.

znelson15, Tentozen and dawgs2014 like this.
  2. CMG

CMG Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $335
    100%

Tentozen likes this.
  3. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,130
    I finished setting up my preseason content plan for the Patreon this morning. Been working on other projects recently, so starting my usual lead-up stuff a bit later than I normally would. The plan will include a Butler-related article on the Patreon basically every day with three off-days built in until the Tiffin exhibition. The first will come out tomorrow and most pieces will be patron-only for the first two days they are out before becoming free-to-read. Will be very busy but hopefully good content. Will try to fit a couple of practice attendances in there as well. Hit 69 patrons recently (nice) and can't wait to keep bringing content.

Also, since a few people have asked at this point, I will *not* be making the trip to New York for Big East Media Day. I was able to do it last year because it was remote, but will not be making the trip out east due to the logistics/cost. Maybe will make that trip next year. I will be going to Big Ten media day here in Indy but not going out to the BE.

4. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,474
    I'm sold. Make it 70.

BoyGeoff, #60 and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  5. chc3

chc3 Active Member

Money:
    $265
    MSUDawg and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  6. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Well-Known Member

Money:
    $723
    I'm already a patron, but the rest of you need to continue the push from 69 to 420 now

TheDawgDub95 likes this.
  7. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,222
    2xDawg, MSUDawg and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  8. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,130
    Not only does Lukosius now have a weight listed, we were also able to get updated weights for some others as well after some discussion. They are now posted on the website.

BUcheer likes this.
  9. Overland Bark

Overland Bark Member

Money:
    $68
    With all these 6'6" 230 lbs guys on the roster, we should really hire a TE coach as a complimentary service for them. I'd love to have a roster full of Moe Alie-Cox.

DawgPoundMac and BulldogsFTW like this.
  10. I like turtles

I like turtles Well-Known Member

Money:
    $656
    I understand that heights are usually a bit exaggerated in college basketball so I'll take those measurements with a bit of skepticism. We really do need more legit 6'6" and above guys to compete with teams like UConn or Providence. It always seems like it's men v boys when we play the Friars.

I will say that sometimes the opposite is true when you meet these guys in person. I was casually talking with Barry Collier in the Wildman room a few years back and all of the sudden this effing giant steps in out of nowhere. I look up and it's former Butler superstar Nate Fowler. Dude is legit 7ft tall.

What surprised the most was seeing Roosevelt Jones. I am exactly 6 foot tall without shoes and he was at least 4 or 5 inches taller than me. He never looked that tall on TV but the dude is a monster IRL

11. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,130
    Ty Groce is one of those guys for me. I knew he was listed at 6-8 before, but when we met in June...yeah, it's legit. He's big.

znelson15 likes this.
  12. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,130
    Thanks for all of the kind words (to everyone here) and for the new subs, MSUDawg, chc3, BulldogsFTW, and znelson15. You are all incredibly appreciated and your support means a lot to me.

I already wrote about Chuck Harris this offseason (https://www.patreon.com/posts/54191150), so this breakdown is a bit of rehash but he seemed like the right guy to start my series with. The rest will have a lot of new content in them. I have my whole scheduled slate planned, though I'm waiting to write on some until I get to practices.

The Harris article just went up. It is paid-to-read until Thursday. All of the pieces *in this series* will be paid for the first two days. https://www.patreon.com/posts/57054049

Tomorrow’s Breakdown: Bryce Nze

indienapolis, 2xDawg and znelson15 like this.
  13. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,847
    Jordan Tucker was like that for me.

I was around dudes listed at his size for years but when I walked past him I couldn’t believe his size.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

znelson15 likes this.
  14. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,149
    Great start to my subscription. Excited to see more, Lukas.

znelson15 likes this.
  15. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $951
    Signed up a few weeks ago.

16. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,474
    Meant to ask where the 420 comes from ?" - is that the support level it takes to allow Lukas to quit his real job?

17. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,130
    Lol, it's just the next "meme number". I like my real job :)

18. Ster8462

Ster8462 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $653
    Sorry this should probably go under Kelan’s thread but saw Pacers traded Edmond Summer for future considerations but will use that roster spot to pickup a Wanamaker a free agent point guard.

Lukas any indication/gut feeling or anyone for that matter on whether Kelan is expected to make the opening night roster. I sure hope he does as it would be nice to have him in the league for another year and also nice for his bank account. Looked in box score in first exhibition game and it looked like he was 11th or 12th in minutes with 2 players ahead of him in rotation sitting out.

Any insights would be appreciated!!!!

19. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,130
    Bryce Nze breakdown posted! Not going to lie, I'm really happy with how this one came together. A little over 2000 words on the returning senior for his final collegiate season. As was the case with the Harris article, this one is paid-to-read for the first two days and then will be free (Friday night). Thanks as always for your support.

ARTICLE LINK: https://www.patreon.com/posts/57097770

Tomorrow's Breakdown: Bryce Golden (I'll be at Big Ten media day tomorrow so if I end up hanging out with folks after, this piece might not come until Friday)

20. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $5,130
    Bryce Golden breakdown posted! A bit shorter than the Nze one but I was able to get it done after Day 1 of Big Ten media. This piece is paid-to-read until Saturday night. With that said, the Chuck Harris article from Tuesday is now free.

ARTICLE LINK: https://www.patreon.com/posts/57136904

Next Breakdown: Preseason Big East rankings/predictions
    (tomorrow is one of my scheduled off-days. I'll have this piece out Saturday.)

znelson15 and 2xDawg like this.