Hello moderator(s) (again)

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by theenforcer13, Jun 10, 2019.

1. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $639
    IXCA in Irvington is great. La Margarita in Ftn Square.

2. Danville Bulldog

Danville Bulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,075
    I seriously doubt fake news has anything to do with why you were banned.

3. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,413
    We should have an Indy food thread. To kick it off, I'll put you on to something -- there's a Mediterranean place on Mass Ave called Petra that is really good, really cheap, and open late, especially on weekends. I think the owner is Jordanian? but they serve everything from gyros to falafel to shawarma to kebabs to baba ghanouj. And their fries are maybe the best in the city. Seriously. I've been eating it weekly for months now.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  4. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,413
    I remember reading about ixca a while back but just never got around to trying it. Thanks for the shout. I'll check it out this week!

Also, the Holy Rosary Italian Street Festival is this weekend. I went last year and had a good time. Only runs Friday and Saturday, however.

jkcdawgs likes this.
  5. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,111
    Funny what memories can be triggered by a single sentence. You just reminded me how much I loved the Greek Festival at Holy Trinity when I was a kid growing up in Indy. I haven't been to it in 25 years and probably haven't thought about it in that long, either.

MasterSplinter likes this.
  6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,225
    Is that the place on Virginia? Whatever it is, it's traditional Mexican in a tiny diner style place that's really good.

7. chc3

chc3 Active Member

Money:
    $132
    It's never been easy to herd cats... ;)

8. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,213
    REAL tacos...filling rank:

1. Shrimp
    2. Pork
    3. Asada
    4. Chicken
    5. Chorizo

9. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,413
    Lengua? Tripa? Lomo encebollado?

10. fdr

fdr Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,413
    There are two locations. One is on Oliver just south of the zoo and the other is in a shopping center on Lafayette and Georgetown/Pike Plaza. I've only been to the one on Oliver. It's a Mexican grocery store but they used to have a little counter where they served hot food. However, they just renovated a large restaurant space attached to the grocery store so I think the counter is closed (the food is served in the restaurant now). Anyhow, the food is great. Highly recommended.

Edit: I guess there's a third location on Shadeland?

Edit2: I believe the place you're thinking of on Virginia is a little torta shop (Tortas Guicho Dominguez).

11. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,936
  12. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $195
    Not a fan of la margarita. Have been wanting to try the Mexican grocery store that a couple of you have mentioned. Heard good things about it.

If anyone wants to feast on a real burrito, I recommend El Arado in Fountain Square and getting the Super Donkey. It's legit, though you might need rolled out of the restaurant.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Butler Hoops mobile app

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,213
    I will try anything, and I mean anything, that has the name Super Donkey. Sounds like it should be on urban dictionary. That has to have some x rated connection.

Edit, there is. Don't look it up.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  14. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,305
    Perhaps my favorite post of the summer.

Sent from my SM-G892U using Butler Hoops mobile app

15. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,507
    Yeah. I like this idea. Another message board I'm on is a respectable place with very good and very close moderation. In situations like this they lock the thread but leave it up. I'm not saying you should "be just like them", Jared, but I do think it's a sensible way to handle this.

16. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $193
    Will be getting a Super Donkey ASAP...

willisbrown likes this.
  17. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,156
    NO!

1. Chorizo
    2. Asada
    3. Wahoo
    4. Chicken
    5. Pork

18. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,677
    Wahoo?!?! Not that I disagree with you, that fish is great anyway you eat it as long as you don't overcook it! Just surprised to see it on a mostly drylander board. Down here they use Dolphin (Mahi) a lot for that since they are so abundant and take flavor well. Might have to try the trimmings off a wahoo for Tacos instead of as wahoo salad... I have always thought that tacos are more about making the best of what you have in abundance of on the cheep.

My favorites are:
    1. . Dolphin fish Also used black sea bass, trigger fish, snappers, & grouper. Pick the oldest in the freezer if I don't have fresh trimmings to use. (I fish a lot.);)
    2. Chicken
    3. Asada
    4. Chorizo (Number one for breakfast.)

19. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $639
    Going to La Margarita for dinner tonight. Y’all are missing out. Definitely come check it out, and Fountain Square is “hip” now, for all of you that have been away from the city for 5+ years.

Don’t come tonight though. I don’t want to meet any of you idiots ;).

BulldogsFTW and willisbrown like this.
  20. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,213
    Speaking of seafood, you know what else is basically awesome no matter what you put in it (meat or fish wise)...po boys. Much like tacos, a grilled/blackened shrimp po boy is my favorite. Others that are dynamite:

Fried Shrimp, Gator, Crab Cake, Fried Catfish, Fried Oyster, Roast Beef.