Henry Baddley - 2016 Wing (Signed)

Discussion in 'Current Butler Players' started by butlerfan, Jan 11, 2015.

1. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    Henry Baddley
    2016 Small Forward - 6'6" 170 lbs
    St. Vincent-St. Mary High School - Akron, Ohio
    AAU: King James Shooting Stars

[​IMG]

Scout Profile
    247 Profile

Offers: Butler, Duquesne, Buffalo, Toledo​

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 8, 2016
  2. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,084
    Henry Baddley - 2016 Wing (Offered)

Henry Baddley, 2016 G/F from St. Vincent-St. Mary (OH), visited Butler on Friday. Not currently appearing on any major recruiting outlets.

Verbal Commits
    2016 St. Vincent-St. Mary (OH) G/F Henry Baddley has received an offer from Buffalo. (HT @dcassilo) @Hen_Dogg7 http://t.co/iZiGadAwnS

Coach Jerry Williams Jr.
    @verbalcommits @dcassilo currently on visit to Butler.

3. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,084
  4. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,872
    I actually saw him at Run N Slam. He runs with King James. He clearly isn't a primary option with Simpson, Cumberland, and Funderburk on the team, but he was solid. I'm pretty sure I've got highlights saved of him, so I will get those up real quick. Here is a highlight video from his junior year. Reminds me a little bit of VJ Beachum in high school.

5. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,084
    Irish remain perfect with rout of Vikings

http://www.ohio.com/sports/high-sch...-remain-perfect-with-rout-of-vikings-1.569652

"And that sense exists because of Henry Baddley. The most explosive player on the Irish roster, he’s a threat to take over a game at any moment by simply being on the court.

That became as evident as ever when Baddley threw down a one-handed dunk right over his defender on the baseline in the third quarter, a la Blake Griffin.

“Henry’s had a couple of those this year,” Irish coach Dru Joyce said. “When a guy tries to wall up and he’s too far underneath, shame on him. Because Henry’s going over him. Those are exciting plays, they give us some energy. At that point, we’re rolling, and there’s not too much that’s going to keep us from getting the victory.”

Baddley finished with a game-high 21 points and four blocks, three rebounds, two assists and two steals."

6. WhyRock

WhyRock Member

Money:
    $33
    Henry Baddley on 247 Sports

In addition to his new offer from Buffalo it seems like he has an offer from Toledo and had previous interest from West Virginia. Watching those highlights it definitely seems like there's something worth looking into here.

7. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,871
    Baddley looks like a stud. Same high school as LeBron, right?

8. cvOHbufan

cvOHbufan New Member

Money:
    $5
    Yes it is and VJ King also started his high school career there

9. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,084
    If we lock down Washington today, players like Baddley become more palatable knowing the class doesn't hinge on their success.

Brunk and Washington create a foundation to build on, at the 2 most difficult to fill positions.

10. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,921
    I agree with all of this, especially given the position that Baddley plays; I think the swing position is a position with which you can gamble on upside. Like you said, this is even more true if you've got your center and pg of the future.

11. ThaddeusB

ThaddeusB Active Member

Money:
    $5,482
    Baddley deserves his own thread, I think.

12. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,921
    Let's go get Baker or Baddley!

Last edited: Jun 30, 2015
  13. DawgPoundMac

DawgPoundMac Active Member

Money:
    $184
    The staff has done a fantastic job in getting Brunk and Washington, our two biggest positional needs. Holt has been phenomenal in the little time he's had here.

I'd like the last one or two schollies to be used on a pure shooter and the best talent available. Baddley would be a nice idea from what I've seen. Like someone else here said before, I'd really like the staff to follow Brachen Hazen real closely. He's a solid player.

14. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,607
    Corey Albertson ‏@Corey_Albertson 2m2 minutes ago
    Per his AAU program, '16 Akron St. Vincent-St. Mary's SF Henry Baddley has received an offer from Butler.

15. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,472
    Who is he?

16. I Am Butler

Money:
    $4,084
    Who is who?

17. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $623
    What is who?

18. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
  19. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,939
    Who's on first.

What's on second.

20. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,871
    Interesting news. I always figured we'd be looking for one more guard (Baldwin) and a slasher type, which Baddley fits nicely.

Wonder how quickly this could move, we're by far his best offer at this point.