Hey Doesn't BU play tomorrow against Yale? Thread

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by cornette33, Dec 5, 2022.

1. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,466
    Good win.

mwall787 and cluelessdawg like this.
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $21,251
    Defense won that game. They played hard and well on D.

3. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,547
    Well I'll take it but why does the Big East put up with these incompetent hacks as refs?!?!

Tentozen likes this.
  4. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $11,071
    Same

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

5. Dawgedd

Dawgedd Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,764
  6. cluelessdawg

cluelessdawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $440
    Score was closer than I felt the game really was. I never felt the outcome was in question

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  7. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,025
    If I had a nickel...I'd be really rich.

BURph92 likes this.
  8. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $21,009
    Our forced short bench has really led to a focus on not fouling, and I think it has actually improved the defense significantly. Sometimes you see a lack of aggression because of that. But Bates is actually better off trying to block fewer shots and just playing straight up defense. His threat of blocking shots is often enough to alter shots.

9. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,547
    I think it will pay big dividends in the long run! Got a clue when how up Coach was in Atlantis when I saw him... Was upbeat and said only positive things about the trip. Kind of framed things for me and really seeing how it has toughened up the guys we have available.

bumba, troggy, Tentozen and 1 other person like this.
  10. HinkleMagic20

HinkleMagic20 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $675
    Solid win. I do wonder if we're going to need to eventually expand our bench a bit.

11. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,742
    Feel bad for the Yale big guys. They now travel to Lexington to play #16 UK and Oscar Tshiebwe

12. schoops

schoops Well-Known Member

Money:
    $699
    I'm good with just playing the best players. When we get Jalen and Ali back, if they can build chemistry quickly, we're good to go. I would like to see a few minutes of Turnbull, but I like the way we're starting to play.

Tentozen and cluelessdawg like this.
  13. znelson15

znelson15 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,643
    Watched the whole game and I was so into it

-players from last tour are so improved with this coaching staff, they have learned to play smart good basketball

-coaching staff is so active and on the players, I love it. Thad has created a great coaching culture

-it’s crazy how much we go the foul line now and I think it’s staff showing players how to create fouls at this level

-I love how calm bates always is, takes his time and never gets over hyped

- that was a damn good take team that knows how to score, move the ball, and take good shots and we flustered them all night

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

bumba, jal8908, 2xDawg and 3 others like this.
  14. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,885
    I hope they win!

Sent from my SM-G977U using Butler Hoops mobile app

troggy, #60, 2xDawg and 3 others like this.
  15. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,687
    There was a good omen to start the evening: Stan Howard sang the national anthem for the first time this season. The Howard family is still contributing to Butler basketball. If it were up to me, he would sing it every game.

16. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,962
    I wish I knew that beforehand, I would have bet a lot more money. Butler doesn’t lose when Stan sings.

bumba, the_speakers_lab, #60 and 2 others like this.
  17. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $21,009
    The announcers kind of hit on this a little bit when they said depth can be overrated. Sometimes all depth does is take away minutes from the better players. College kids with all these media timeouts don't need much rest. I'd like to see us getting players a little more rest than this, but it's not exactly the worst thing to have a small rotation.

18. Shane Davis

Shane Davis Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,862
    It's definitely been kind of a process for Butler ever since the Tennessee game. He's implied it a few times, but Matta is teaching these guys how to play through adversity again and now it's manifesting itself into wins, the offense is starting to catch up to their defense and Butler doesn't looked deflated when shots aren't falling.

This is what we all were hoping to see this year with Matta in charge, and I think they'll get better as they get healthier.

19. iluvsnow

iluvsnow Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,394
    Number 2 Texas loses to Illinois tonight. UCONN could be top 4 when they come to Butler to open Big East play on December 17th.

20. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,334
    If he was 80%+, that is pretty good.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops