Hinkle Heat Check Episode 2

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 25, 2019.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,351
    Villanova recap, Creighton preview, bracketology discussion, Butler's free throw troubles, best lineups, and more.

We are now on iTunes, Google, and Spotify.

Oh, and the audio is...better. This one wasn't done over the phone, so there is much less static there, and I've done a better job editing the volume I believe so the level is more consistent. On the downside I managed to break my microphone stand right before recording, so you get static from fidgety me trying to hold my mic the entire time. But hey, baby steps.

2. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $763
    It was also easier to record together because we had visual cues to avoid cutting each other off (I like to talk...whoops)! This one should be an improvement from the first and we are bound to get better moving forward. We have now successfully combined to host...two podcast episodes in our careers.

3. bwesson15

bwesson15 Active Member

4. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,632
    Had to pause it to say the sound quality is great! Back to it. Really liked the analysis and the depth.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  5. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $1
    Another episode?!?! What?

Good stuff on this one guys - not feeling the confidence going to Omaha, but enjoyed the lineup talk.

6. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $763
    I said it was irrational confidence on my end lol! I just like the matchup for some reason.

7. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,162
    Quality podcast discussion. You hit in something that frosts me which is rewarding offensive players for going into a defender even throwing your leg out on a three to draw contact.

The other point I’d like to make is I don’t think AT and KB compliment each other that well.

8. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,085
    Great job, guys! I'm really enjoying these podcasts.

9. shoeevv

shoeevv Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $641
    First rate job

10. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,351
    The +\- numbers suggest you are correct.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,162
    A thought I have had is having Tucker or a McD play the two sometimes. Both seem to handle the ball well, are good passers and usually help bring the ball up the floor. This would gives us some incredible match up advantages with three 6'6" + guys at the 2,3 and 4 positions.

12. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,713
    This isn't a critique, but you might want to go back to the thread for the first one and try the stereo track fix in Audacity. I've got Jared in my right ear and Lukas in my left ear. Which one is the devil and which is the angel?

Probably only noticeable on headphones, but it's funny sort of.

But yeah, love the content...better flow which always happens when all participants are in the same room.

13. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,594
    No I have two speaker at work and listening it's Jared on the right speaker only and Lukas on my left only, a little trying at times but not a huge deal

14. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,713
    Yeah, it's not super annoying, just something I noticed and with my headphones, I feel like I have that angel/devil thing going on. It's been a hot minute since I've spent time in Audacity with podcasts, but you might want to look at your setting and I know there's a way to take the mono tracks and make them stereo, but be cautious as someone else pointed out. I've lost audio before. That's when I started duplicating the source audio before working with it.

estar20dawg likes this.
  15. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,351
    Ah, ok, I guess I didn’t really understand what was happening. It’s not noticeable when playing the audio through my computer. I will fix it for next time.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

lee@bu1984 likes this.
  16. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $152
    Thats why I could hardly hear Jared.... Only had the left headphone in my ear while i was listening.

17. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,995
    Listened while driving today. Jared in my passenger seat and Lukas running along the car yelling in my driver window.

18. Lukas Harkins

Money:
    $763
    I could definitely use the workout...

shoeevv and dawgs2014 like this.