Hinkle Heat Check Episode 4

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Jared Grubbs, Feb 8, 2019.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,908
  2. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,035
    Love, Love, Love that last little bit calling out the trolls on losses! Kudos to you both. Good content. Don't always agree with everything especially the lack of minutes from David do agree would love to see him play the 5 some. but overall great job, creating good content.

ButlerNut and Lukas Harkins like this.
  3. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $564
    I'm not as big of a numbers guy as many on the board, but it is hard to ignore the huge difference in defensive efficiency comparing when Fowler is on the floor vs when Brunk is on the floor that is discussed at the very end. Personally, I think Brunk will improve there as time goes on (meaning next year and beyond, not 3-4 games down the road).

Lukas Harkins likes this.
  4. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,558
    Very enjoyable episode. I was wondering what the offensive points per possession differential is between Brunk and Fowler.

I'm struggling to see where you both thought AT was good defensively against Howard. Howard scored almost at will. Both KB and AT are touted as lock down defenders. I'm struggling seeing that.

bmradio99, Tentozen and Lukas Harkins like this.
  5. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,908
    I thought KB got torched by Howard multiple times. Thompson did a terrific job though IMO. I wish I could see more stats there. Overall I was fine with the shots Howard was taking. They were almost all contested twos. He shoots 43% inside the arc on the season. His game is hitting 3s and getting to the foul line. He only got 5 looks from 3 and 2 free throws (and he shouldn’t have gotten those 2).

Offensively Brunk is 0.02 points per possession better in conference play, Fowler is 0.02 ppp better overall.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

Lukas Harkins and estar20dawg like this.
  6. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $12,558
    Thanks.

Lukas Harkins likes this.
  7. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,180
    Just getting to this episode.

This may have been one of the best episodes yet! (small sample size, I know).

Great work! Very in depth and very articulate.

Loved the poke at the board posters after losses.

8. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,197
    Haha thanks! It's definitely one of the top four, in my opinion! We've taken a hiatus due to our lives but Jared and I are hoping to bring it back soon. :)

9. Sidd Finch

Sidd Finch Well-Known Member

Money:
    $564
    Let's not rush to judgment ;)

ButlerNut and Lukas Harkins like this.