Hinkle Heat Check Season Preview

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 4, 2019.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,923
  2. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,765
    Good discussion, can't wait for Wednesday to get a more meaningful look at this team and the rotations.

Minor feedback, there is some sort of feedback or interference coming from Lukas. It sounds sort of like scratching.

Also, will you be discussing the recruiting class in a future episode? Last episode you punted it due to a possibly imminent signing. Just curious.

znelson15, cornette33 and UDDawg like this.
  3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,222
    Shout out baby! Leggggooooooo. Thanks for the yo.

Lukas Harkins likes this.
  4. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,222
    I really am just jonesing for a real game. Cannot wait til wednesday night.

5. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,750
    Yeah, I think that's because we didn't record together for this episode like we normally do. If we do more recording separately like this one, I'm going to make an adjustment to my mic set-up haha. It is on our agenda to discuss the recruiting class at some point - didn't feel like it fit in this one. It will definitely be a focal point of a pod.

BoyGeoff and Jared Grubbs like this.
  6. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,765
    Cool, thanks. You are both doing a great job with the pod. Keep it up.

firedupkaren and BoyGeoff like this.
  7. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,985
    Cautiously optimistic is how I feel also after hearing the exhibition, but we have a tough schedule so we need to be ready in a short amount of games! Good discussion!

8. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,016
    Is JMM redshirting or will we wait 8gms to find out?

9. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $863
    Love the podcast. Can't get enough of Butler basketball. So pumped for Wednesday and this season to get rolling.

Lukas Harkins likes this.
  10. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,750
    This seems to be an ongoing discussion. Woods has asked Coach about it at every media session so far. No official word yet. Pure speculation on my part with this, but I think he redshirts still.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

cornette33 likes this.
  11. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $302
    I would always wait until the decision deadline on this issue.

12. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,864
    There is no real decision deadline, it's if he plays a minute he burns it, so you sit there hoping to RS and then if an injury or multiple injuries happens you have to burn the RS eligibility. You can discuss with him and his family the intention to RS but unlike other areas there is nothing to file here or deadline to make a decision.

13. willisbrown

Money:
    $4,222
    I like the way football does it where you can get a sense of a player (4 games) and still red shirt if needed. I'd love to take a temperature here because I really don't know what we have. If he could sniff some minutes early to see what's what but if he gets any run...no red shirt.

Saying that, with the class we have coming, I'm not sure a red shirt makes sense. I was all aboard earlier in the year, but now burning a year doesn't bother me. Let the kid get some run and let's see how he does.

BoyGeoff and dawgs2014 like this.
  14. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,923
    I don’t understand why they don’t allow some playing time. If it was up to me there would be a minutes allowance, but no minutes allowed in the postseason. Maybe 100 minutes. I think that’s plenty of time. Allows redshirts to get some garbage time minutes in lots of games as well. Even 50 I think would be ok. Most redshirt candidates probably aren’t getting more than 10 minutes a game early on anyways, or they wouldn’t be RS candidates, so that’s still 5 games to decide.

ButlerNut and BoyGeoff like this.
  15. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,355
    The rule change that allowed playing time this year for football before a redshirt is likely coming to other sports - including basketball - next year. IIRC, the NCAA wanted to see how it worked in football before implementing it across the board. Can't imagine anything but positive feedback even if there needs to be some tweaking.

Maybe what happened in Houston gives them pause, but I doubt it.

16. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $8,713
    NCAA doesn’t give two poops about Houston football. The football rule is perfect.

17. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,206
    I can confirm he won’t be redshirting

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

znelson15 and cornette33 like this.
  18. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,206
    There you go Jared. Making rational sense again. Haha

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

19. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $863
    If the NCAA had any common sense whatsoever they would still grant JMM a redshirt even after him playing tonight. It was extreme circumstances. But we all know the NCAA has no common sense

willisbrown and DawgsMD like this.