Holy Land of Hoops Preseason Rankings

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by Jared Grubbs, Nov 7, 2013.

1. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,949
    Holy Land of Hoops preseason rankings were just released. I'll be publishing my ballot, as well as my reasoning behind my votes later tonight or tomorrow. They have forums as well so you can go discuss your thoughts on the season there. This years Butler team doesn't appear to be given much thought over there and could use some extra support.

http://holylandofhoops.net/holy-land-of-hoops-preseason-rankings/

2. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,238
    How is PC the only school w/ 2 bloggers yet a ridiculously short entry which didn't even feature a "Bottom Line" section? Jared, I expect you to issue some friendly jabs/hazing their way but not Incognito style. /too soon?

3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,949
  4. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,351
    I'm not as sold on Creighton as some. I thought they struggled mightily vs a very average Duke defensive team in the tournament last Spring. Marquette has holes. But they would be my pre-season #1 in the conference. I like some of their players and after seeing them up close in Lexington, I love how hard they play. I will say this though. They have a huge learning curve without Junior/Blue and Lockett. That's alot of good guards to lose. I am more bullish on Xavier. Love Christon's game. I see Providence and St Johns as interchangeable. I don't like either of those programs' culture/style. Seton Hall is a year away from being good, but also might be a year away from having their own wing at the NCAA headquarters. DePaul has alot of work to do. Georgetown and Villanova. Arguably the two most tradition laden programs in this league. Great cultures, great HCs, Great winning heritage. Thought Gtown just got ran out of the building vs Florida Gulf Coast last Spring. They almost gave up. It will be interesting to see how they play vs Oregon tonite. Losing Porter is really going to hurt that team. I don't know what to expect from Villanova. They lost some of their BIGS. Wright is a great coach though and they have talent back. I expect them to be in the mix. Butler? I think losing Rose really hurts us. Especially in locking down the opponents top scorer. Brown has been an eye opener though. But we need really good years out of Dunham/Marshall and Woods to contend in this League.

Last edited: Nov 8, 2013