How Will COVID-19 Affect the 2020-21 College Basketball Season?

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Albick, Jul 9, 2020.

1. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,159
    Just to add, Nashville's MLS team also had to bail on the tourney with 9 (NINE!!!) positives after arriving in Orlando.

2. fchd

fchd Member

Money:
    $85
    The official Big East announcement

https://www.bigeast.com/news/2020/7/16/general-big-east-update-on-fall-sports-plans.aspx

3. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,322
  4. Albick

Money:
    $1,322
  5. Albick

Money:
    $1,322
  6. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $9,150
    Hearing whispers that the big east is strongly considering a conference only bball schedule...I think it's way too early to even be thinking about something like that but I suppose never bad to have a contingency plan.

With so many new faces, I'd love to see some ramp up games. Stepping right into the big east spells doom.

coach roastbeef likes this.
  7. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,127
    “Whispers” as in a tweet by Adam Zagoria saying the Big East is considering a conference only b-ball schedule?

8. Albick

Money:
    $1,322
    https://nypost.com/2020/07/18/seton-halls-kevin-willard-dont-delay-college-hoops-season/

Kevin Willard: “I do not agree with pushing [the season] back, because I think we’re missing a window,” the Seton Hall coach, who is part of the Big East COVID-19 Task Force, told The Post. “Every school has said after Thanksgiving there will be no one on campus, so why would we not take advantage of having no one on campus? It’s almost like being in a bubble and being able to have almost no interaction with any of the students. It’s probably the safest time to play.

“Sitting back and waiting for flu season and waiting for kids to come back on campus is idiotic.”

Willard’s suggestion is playing a conference-only season of 26 or so games in the Big East and starting the season in November.

9. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,325
    nevermind

10. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,159
    Re-watching the season finale against X. Because I can. Dagger. Baldwin.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

11. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $3,850
    Was at that game. The silence after he hit that shot was golden. I recorded it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

#60 Active Member

Money:
    $1,326
    I LOVED Steele's post-game press conference. His downcast comments. His expression.

Had to look at it again.

Priceless. (Just X stuff after the 4:26 or so mark, so you may ignore that content.)

13. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,029
    I was there too—it was euphoria. A BU fan near me, pretty toasted, was kinda inviting attention—he got it—lots of hand gestures and potty mouthing:)

ButlerNut and TheDawgDub95 like this.
  14. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,799
    There was no silence at my house...

Sent from my iPad using Butler Hoops mobile app

BUcheer, PSUButlerFan and DawgsMD like this.
  15. jkcdawgs

jkcdawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,065
    I think the best part about the presser is his herpes outbreak. Seriously though, nice comments. Would’ve never been said by Mack.

16. MSUDawg

MSUDawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,111
    True - but the loyalists will see that as a fatal sign of weakness - I think his tenure will be short...

17. Albick

Money:
    $1,322
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2020 at 12:49 PM