How Will COVID-19 Affect the 2020-21 College Basketball Season?

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Albick, Jul 9, 2020.

1. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $769
    Good news is if they use Hinkle, Butler should see some revenue from hosting games.

troggy, ButlerNut and BoyGeoff like this.
  2. PSUButlerFan

PSUButlerFan Well-Known Member

Money:
    $14,519
    Haha. I admire the optimism, but the only way Butler is making the tourney is if 300 teams opt out and the selection committee can do what college football did and pick teams with any record.

3. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,342
    I'd say it's Hinkle, Lucas Oil, Bankers, Fairgrounds - the only one I could see being replaced is Lucas Oil - maybe with UIndy or Ball State/Purdue/ISU/Indiana? (if attendance is not an issue, UIndy makes the most sense - they have the HD setup needed)

I thought it would be 8 sites, but I guess 4 could work.

4. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,688

Even though we are terrible, having ncaa games at Hinkle will be pretty cool.

ButlerNut likes this.
  5. willisbrown

Money:
    $10,688
    Just saw the announcement of schedule and venue for the tournament. Hinkle will be hosting first and second round games and ALSO will host half of the sweet 16. All games with their own window for the sweet 16 (awesome). Bankers Life gets the other half then the elite 8, final four, championship at Lucas Oil. Elite 8 will be primetime the 29th and 30th. Love it.

ButlerNut, Shimmy, 2xDawg and 2 others like this.
  6. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Active Member

Money:
    $415
    Great exposure for Butler!!! Just think of how many times announcers will be talking about how how Hinkle has stood the test of time, maintaining the character and atmosphere that has made it one of the nation's most famous basketball arenas. What is the over/under on how many times the movie "Hoosiers" is referenced? It also can only help recruiting. High school seniors were 7 years old when Butler faced Duke in the National Championship game. It's crazy to think about how there is a future Butler recruit that will first learn about Butler and getting to play at Hinkle while watching the tournament this year.

7. willisbrown

Money:
    $10,688
    Gonna be huge exposure for the school and hinkle. Eyeballs in huge numbers will be on it...many of those being high school bball players and their parents. You can't put a price on this type of thing for a smaller school like we are. Such tradition and such magical moments that now will be exposed nationwide.

Will be interesting to see the fan allowance. I'm guessing 20% or so.

ButlerProf, Shimmy and ChiDawg3 like this.
  8. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,352
    I hope Creighton and Xavier get put in Hinkle to witness the face melt that will be their boards.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

NCJon, ButlerProf, ChiDawg3 and 7 others like this.
  9. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $14,519
    O/U is 372.5

NCJon and ChiDawg3 like this.
  10. butlerguy03

Money:
    $1,342
    Hammer the over. It actually gets really tiring.

PSUButlerFan likes this.
  11. PSUButlerFan

Money:
    $14,519
    So... uh... I’ve... *ducks*...

never seen the movie...

12. butlerguy03

Money:
    $1,342
    Fun fact: Barbara Hershey refused to promote the movie because they cut a lot of the love story out. Then a fire destroyed all scenes, so we will never see the full movie.

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  13. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,531
    You're not from Indiana, so it's not quite as blasphemous.

Fun fact: I'm an extremely superstitious person. So during the 2010 tournament run when I was a student at Butler I watched Hoosiers and ate Qdoba before we played UTEP in the first round. We won. So I did that for every game during that Final Four run. It is a tradition that I still do to this day.

NCJon, ButlerProf, 2xDawg and 3 others like this.
  14. pjohnsto2003

pjohnsto2003 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,352
    It’s a shame they closed the one in the Rip. They could never get orders right, but Chipotle is just not the same.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

15. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,531
    I didn't realize they closed the one in BRip. Man, that is sad.

16. ChiDawg3

ChiDawg3 Active Member

Money:
    $415
    THAT is awesome, and we appreciate it. Whatever it takes for a tournament win!

ConnersvilleBulldog likes this.
  17. willisbrown

Money:
    $10,688
    That sucks. And I agree, chipotle doesn't even come close to goodness that is Qdoba. I used to hit them up after a night of dancing at one of the many options for a steak breakfast burrito. It was a monster and so great. I had three early morning go tos...that, Bambas and Jimmy Johns. Pacos I actually sometimes ate sober.

18. butlerguy03

Money:
    $1,342
    Chipotle sux.

19. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $7,582
    Get some popcorn and get your ass on the couch

ButlerProf likes this.
  20. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $6,609
    I can’t like this enough. The crazy rituals we conjure up to “help” our Dawgs.