I’m Baaaaaack

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by MadDawg2020, Nov 2, 2022.

1. MadDawg2020

MadDawg2020 Member VIP Member

After a long hiatus, which included my last post predicting LaVall’s last season…I’m Back.

Went to the Davenport game with my neighbor last night. This team is legit. More dunks last night then all of last season. The pace was tremendous. Davenport wasn’t all that bad either, so don’t let the score/stats fool you.

Hunter looked like the best player on the court to me. Bates is a game changer like we haven’t seen since I was at BU and Joel Cornette was manning the paint. Chuck looked back to his old self, and then some. Myles Tate looked fluid like he did pre-injury.

Possibly the most athletic team in Butler history. Don’t count these Dawgs out for a better than 20-10 season. Very deep team.

P.S. Dig up the threads…my guy Pierce Thomas will be a beast for this program. CHEERS

Gregory Roach, Tentozen and 2xDawg like this.
  2. BUBBALUM

BUBBALUM Active Member

Money:
    $454
    They were better than the first exhibition, which was probably because Thad lit a fire under them. They utilized their quick hands, and played better with Manny than a much shorter Hughes guarding the 5. However, we definitely missed Ali and Jalen's size and potential contributions from far out (Ali). It's better when we don't shoot in the 20% or so from the line either. When someone other than Luko hits a free throw, it's a good sign.

Against Citadel, I'm not worried. Against Creighton or Tennessee, it might be a hill to climb.

2xDawg and MadDawg2020 like this.
  3. Gregory Roach

Gregory Roach Well-Known Member

Money:
    $884
    The first of many insufferable Pierce Thomas posts and threads I fear...but the positive....like many BU BBall fans, he's back after spending two seasons in a Jordan induced exile...

Sent from my SM-S908U1 using Butler Hoops mobile app

4. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,217
    Pierce is just a sophomore so only one year under the old staff.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

5. Cranjis McBasketball

Cranjis McBasketball Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,756
    Even better is that he is a R/S freshman in terms of eligibility :)

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Hinkle, MadDawg2020, NCJon and 4 others like this.
  6. MadDawg2020

Thomas athletic ability is off the charts. Body filled out more during the red shirt year too. It’s going to be hard to keep him off the court, when he can lockdown 1-4 on defense. Big time playmaker too. Could end up being Butler’s best dunker of all-time (quantity and wow factor).

Probably only a rotational player this year, since we are so deep. Should be a starter by next year.

I’m definitely WAY more excited with this new coaching staff and offensive philosophy. GO DAWGS!

Tentozen likes this.
  7. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,576
    It's not an airport. No need to announce departures and arrivals.

troggy likes this.
  8. MadDawg2020

If that was supposed to be funny, you might want to go back to the drawing board.

9. MadDawg2020

Pierce Thomas having a heck of a first half! That dude’s nickname should be “spark plug.” He brings a ton of energy, rebounding and playmaking ability.

10. Eric

Eric Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,576
    More a comment on the absurdity of you believing you were missed.

#60 and 2xDawg like this.
  11. MadDawg2020

I’m sure you’re a standup guy. Never said I was missed. Go troll someone else kid.

ButlerProf and Tentozen like this.
  12. MadDawg2020

Are you a believer yet Greg?!?