Immediate Transfer Rule

Discussion in 'Around the League' started by BoyGeoff, Apr 5, 2020.

1. BoyGeoff

BoyGeoff Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,270
    This will end Mid Majors competing in NCAA. Every top talent mid-major player will depart once they are recognized as high major potential.
    Good for Power Conferences middle to bottom and as always at the top. Nobody with talent will stay at a mid major school. Nobody.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

estar20dawg likes this.
  2. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,704
    It's the rule for every sport but men's and women's basketball and football. Makes zero sense to have different standards like that across NCAA sports.

I seriously doubt it will kill the mid majors. Kids are already transferring at a high rate and in some cases that's to get to a higher level of competition. The flipside of your argument is that it might entice the experience going into his third or fourth year as a non-starter to drop down a level.

3. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    As long as the number of scholarships are kept at the same number the transfers should even themselves out.

4. Red1972

Red1972 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,729
    Looks like 21-22 according Rothstien.

5. butlerguy03

butlerguy03 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,533
    It won’t kill the mid-majors, but you may start to see mid-major powers. Sort of like the Butler’s and Gonzaga’s of the past.

6. Tentozen

Tentozen Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,003
    Butler has seen that with some of their guys dropping down.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

7. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,326
    Yet all those other sports have different standards in that there are basically none of the athletes on full scholarships...

8. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,326
    Does anyone care that it's going to make the Power 5 even more powerful??? College football is what makes the money and now you've just crippled the mid majors and made (for example) the MAC the B1G's double AA feeder conference. I think every B1G university gets $50M a season from tv contracts??? How much more valuable do you think the Power 5 school tv deals are and how less valuable is it to have a mid major tv deal?

Oh did I forget to mention we don't have major college football?

9. NCJon

NCJon Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $9,704
    That's not true. There are head count sports that don't have the sit one rule - volleyball, gymnastics and tennis - and many athletes in the equivalency sports do have full scholarships. It's just typically not everyone on the team does. There's so much variance from school to school and even within schools on that front.

I have zero concerns with immediate eligibility. It makes some sense to me if conferences want to limit in-conference transfers, but otherwise let the kids play.

2xDawg likes this.