Introducing Hinkle Heat Check Podcast

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by Jared Grubbs, Jan 21, 2019.

1. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,278
    You should have Ari on as a guest and then watch to see whether this board will literally implode or not.

dawgs2014 and AKasle_BU like this.
  2. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,103
    Well done. Looking forward to the next installment.

Lukas Harkins likes this.
  3. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member

Money:
    $15,351
    He’s invited to participate with us. That was actually part of the delay, trying to get the 3 of us together. We finally decided just to go with us 2 because we had put it off for so long. I think his energy would add some excitement to it. Plus he’s in radio, so it means I won’t screw up the audio!

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

cornette33, AKasle_BU, UDDawg and 2 others like this.
  4. AKasle_BU

AKasle_BU Member

Money:
    $81
    I'll happily make a guest appearance. I warn you that the odds of this board trashing the episode will increase by 80% if I'm involved

5. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,395
    ONE HUNDRED PERCENT

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

Insane Dawg and BulldogsFTW like this.
  6. BulldogsFTW

BulldogsFTW Active Member

Money:
    $123
    Pretty darn good for a first go at it. I look forward to adding it to my standard rotation of podcasts. I agree with the others that adding it to google/itunes/stitcher would go a long way for increasing exposure for the show, but I can manage on the podbean for now. Am I the only one that enjoyed Ari's stuff? I enjoyed having a podcast covering the team, and even kind of enjoyed Ari's contrarian hot takes. Maybe I just like watching y'all get riled up, although with our performance this season I have had plenty of that even with the hoopcast being MIA.

cornette33 likes this.
  7. DawgsMD

DawgsMD Forum Psychiatrist VIP Member

Money:
    $2,181
    I actually didn’t mind Aris podcast either - my only criticism was his badgering a specific one or two players but right now with how one of those players is playing he’s actually not wrong.

8. godogs91

godogs91 Active Member

Money:
    $3,103
    Completely understand the current assessment of things. However, the criticism leveled at that time wasn't even remotely appropriate. That opens the door for people like Title (and others currently on the board - we know who they are) to start playing the "I told you so!" card.

dawgs2014 and estar20dawg like this.
  9. AKasle_BU

AKasle_BU Member

Money:
    $81
    I didn't realize people actually liked it. I stopped doing it because I thought everyone hated it.

BU_NeonHat and cornette33 like this.
  10. WestLoopDog

WestLoopDog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,631
    I liked it too. I enjoyed listening to them. And I think they were better this year than in the past.

cornette33 and dippper61 like this.
  11. kmacker69

kmacker69 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,632
    I liked it most of the time. Just had to understand it for what it was and not take it too seriously. The getting a little brutal on the players, like some on this board do regularly, was the only down part. When you had people on there that balanced that out and kept in at a dull roar I really liked it.

Going one or both with these these guys would be a good contrast, always thought you'd excel more as the color guy. ;)

12. jeff

jeff Well-Known Member

Money:
    $327
    I thought it was really well done, enjoyable and fun Ari. Even when I didn't agree with you , your passion for the game showed through and made it a great listen. I'm not sure if it's because I live on the east coast but I feel starved for talk about the Dogs and found your podcast helped to satiate that hunger.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Butler Hoops mobile app

dawgs2014 likes this.
  13. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,351
  14. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,779
  15. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $15,351
    I have only submitted to google and iTunes so far, but I will submit it anywhere it’s needed. So I will submit to Spotify now, and if anyone has any other platforms they use just let me know and I’ll send it there too.

bwesson15 and Lukas Harkins like this.
  16. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,779
    Much appreciated. I don’t know about other folks on here, but I find the iTunes podcast setup awful. Spotify is rock solid.

17. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,713
  18. ButlerNut

ButlerNut Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $4,115
    Ari, I have stated many times that I thought you were growing as a caster, and that you were taking constructive criticism well. Your podcast was getting better each week.

I know several berated you for your opinions on the cast, but many of us enjoyed listening.

19. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,395
    I really enjoyed Aris podcast. I think he was more on point than most of the opinions on here, the opinions just frequently clashed with those on here and we know how that goes.

The only thing I didn’t like was the intro, which sounded like an extremely poor remix of the start of straight outta Compton

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

BU_NeonHat likes this.
  20. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,713
    Episode 3... NOW IN STEREO! Great job, guys. It sounds great.

[​IMG]

BU_NeonHat likes this.