It's LaVall

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Jun 12, 2017.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,738
    And, if you're going to do a non coach search, that's the best option. Cheers to him, Butler and to coming success. In the end, he can't do much just yet, but, he's a strong piece that can maybe, just maybe, hold things together. We know he's a great recruiter, we know he's been under (until last year) 0ne of the best coaches in America. If we we're going to stay in house, dig it. Just please by the grace of God, Jesus, moses and Noah....keep the ship righted.

TheOnlyNameLeft likes this.
  2. BullDawg2789

BullDawg2789 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $609
    Where are you seeing this? Not that I don't believe you, I just didn't see anything yet.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

3. ghostryder

ghostryder Active Member

Money:
    $144
    If this proves to be the case, and David and Young are not swayed to honor their commitments, might any of LaVall's recruits from UWM follow him here? Are any of them feasible as prospects?

4. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    No, I wouldn't try to bring any of them along if this winds up being the case.

mass_dawgs likes this.
  5. Hinkle

Hinkle Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,047
    Eric, BHayden and SpartanDawgs like this.
  6. MilkSteak

MilkSteak Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,784
  7. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,608
  8. MilkSteak

Money:
    $2,784
    I WOULD try to bring Stull along if someone bolts here in the next few days/weeks. He'd be a sit one, play two.

ButlerAlumDad716 likes this.
  9. MIBulldog

MIBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,967
    If it's LaVall, then that's great. I wanted him when Brad left for the Celtics. Don't know what staff goes with Holt now, but gotta believe Ron is on the list to come here as an assistant. If LJ can convince Young and/or David to stay, I feel we're on the right track.

FYI, sorry for my **** laced rant on Friday when I first heard CH was leaving. It had already started out as a bad day, and that just made it worse.

Go Dawgs!

BU Fan in Illinois and troggy like this.
  10. ButlerAlumDad716

ButlerAlumDad716 Active Member VIP Member

Money:
    $440
  11. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $376
    Best case scenario:
    Hire Lavall
    Keep Pedon and TJ
    Keep Young & David
    Keep Recruiting Bingham

That would be a homerun given what butler was handed to them.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

mwall787 likes this.
  12. JCA 2013

JCA 2013 Active Member

Money:
    $181
    There's no way. He has been the one piece of Beilein's staff to survive the whole way. He's AC, so I would imagine his current salary is higher than LaVall's was as HC at UWM.

13. thebulldogs

thebulldogs Active Member

Money:
    $230
    I want nored back as much as the next guy, but is there any reason to believe he would leave his head gig in the d-league for an asst job here?

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Butler Hoops mobile app

TheOnlyNameLeft and NCJon like this.
  14. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    Nah, I hope Butler doesn't take anyone from Milwaukee. I know how annoyed I was reading OSU's board as they were asking if they could steal any of Butler's players/recruits following the Holtmann hire. I mean, they already gutted our entire coaching staff in mid-June and now they want our players/recruits as well? No need to cripple Milwaukee the way O$U is attempting to cripple us.

15. MilkSteak

Money:
    $2,784
    You take Stull if he's willing to come.

16. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $2,589
  17. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $5,454
    Mostly unrelated to the hire, but can we bring these jersey's back for a game or two each season? They have always been my favorite.

[​IMG]

18. CarmelDawg23

CarmelDawg23 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $917
    He's probably the best mix of recruiting and coaching of all the candidates. I know our recruiting has gone beyond the Midwest more than usual the last half decade at least, but the Midwest still serves as fertile recruiting grounds and if LaVall can do it here, he can pull from all over the country. He has recruiting/AC experience in a big time conference and he seems to be very well liked/respected as a coach/person. Outside of a non "Family" member, he is probably the best all around candidate we could get (if we do end up getting him as our next HC). MAYBE we take a step back in the recruiting game for a year or two, but I think LaVall will have us humming in no time and everyone will forget about the goons that now reside in Columbus.

TheOnlyNameLeft and seadawg like this.
  19. ConnersvilleBulldog

Money:
    $5,454
    So are we waiting to drop the HC news right as Holtmann's press conference at O$U starts?

* Just kidding... But seriously, though.

mwall787 and UDDawg like this.
  20. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User VIP Member

Money:
    $72
    My guess is they'll wait until after it's over and then hopefully we'll hear something definitive.