It's LaVall

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Jun 12, 2017.

1. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 New Member

Money:
    $15
    I was told, during my priority points/donation review, donations to "The Blue Team Fund" go directly to Basketball Ops for Coaches, Facilities, Etc. Anyone have additional clarity on directing donations for these purposes?

2. Red1972

Red1972 Member

Money:
    $122
  3. fdr

fdr Active Member

Money:
    $412

If that suit is blue then I need to get my eyes checked (I'm being serious...haven't had my vision checked in quite a while).

4. bmradio99

bmradio99 Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,281
    It's likely a true navy, which is pretty dark. A lot of the reason you see navy/midnight blue tuxedos is a throwback to days when newspapers and magazines were primarily in black and white; navy tends to photograph black and with less sheen than actual black fabric.

NCJon likes this.
  5. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Active Member

Money:
    $350
    This is actually a very interesting contribution. I never woulda put that together.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Member

Money:
    $4,408
  7. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Super Moderator

Money:
    $446
    I actually didn't think it was that great. Failure fuels everyone, going back and rehashing his really just seemed like an easy way to pump out an article, but then again I'm much more interested in what the present and the future holds for LaVall and the program than stuff that happened to him as a player and even when he didn't get the job even though some of us (myself included) believed he was the best man for the job at the time. It's nice that he used it on his team last year, but that was the first game in what ended up being a 9 game losing streak (they'd also won 3 in a row heading into the game, not 2 as Doyel stated), so clearly it wasn't that message, appropriate as it was, that turned things around for them.

I'm not saying I want Doyel to go negative on Butler, because I don't think that's appropriate either, I just don't see this as a lot more than fluff.

cornette33 likes this.
  8. cornette33

cornette33 Active Member

Money:
    $98
    Totally agree. Rehash of past is fine but would like to hear about this year's team

9. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $758
    Personally I thought it was a good story for average reader. No, nothing new for most of us, but still great PR and exposure for the Butler basketball program in the dog days of summer. Especially considering IU has had stories every other day. I'm sure Woods will have some stories upcoming as well.

SpartanDawgs and NCJon like this.
  10. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Active Member

Money:
    $350
    Yeah I walked away from it thinking, ok that was well written, but it didn't tell me a thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

cornette33 likes this.
  11. Alcohol101

Alcohol101 Active Member

Money:
    $128
    Exactly. I'll take all of the positive "fluff" pieces we can get, especially with a quality writer such as Doyel.