It's LaVall

Discussion in 'Butler Basketball' started by willisbrown, Jun 12, 2017.

1. ConnersvilleBulldog

ConnersvilleBulldog Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $5,454
    He actually said it a few minutes before the interview.

2. MasterSplinter

MasterSplinter Active Member

Money:
    $412
    UDDawg likes this.
  3. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,493
    Valid point. That style is probably more conducive to the pro game where you're working with pro talent. Will be interesting to see if, after one year of that style with mixed results (14 losses), and with Martin gone, if LJ changes the plan to suit the talent on the roster. TBD.

MSUDawg likes this.
  4. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $807
    I don't have a problem with the philosophy. I have a problem with too much standing and dribbling when we didn't get anything early which led to too many forced shots late in the clock. Again, not sure if it was the coaching or players that have a problem creating an advantage off the dribble which seems to be needed to het the ball swinging in this style. Hopefully, an off season will help both.

Sent from my [device_name] using Butler Hoops mobile app

BUcheer and peeps112 like this.
  5. bubby

bubby Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,525
    I want an offense like Loyola-Chicago's. Smartest basketball I've seen in a while. A joy to watch.

MIBulldog, DawgFan, BHayden and 6 others like this.
  6. Woof

Woof Well-Known Member

Money:
    $711
    They remind me a lot of the Butler championship game teams. They don’t have a Hayward/Mack NBA level talent, but they play smart offense and physical defense. Pass up the good shot for the great shot. A thing of beauty.

burns, MIBulldog, BHayden and 5 others like this.
  7. TheDawgDub95

TheDawgDub95 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $807
    4 guys that can shoot AND drive along with post that can score AND pass makes 4 out 1 in look pretty good.

Sent from my [device_name] using Butler Hoops mobile app