Jackson Davis - 2014 Forward (Eastern Kentucky)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by jlitton, Oct 16, 2011.

1. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    RE: Jackson Davis - 2014 Forward

Brandon Ramsey?@INrecruitguide

I have liked Jackson Davis: 6'8 C, Lafayette (KY)/Louisville Magic (2014) this week. Great body, jumps well. Very good rebounder

2. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    RE: Jackson Davis - 2014 Forward

Evan Daniels?@EvanDanielsFOX13 Apr
    Harvard will watch 2014 PF Jackson Davis this afternoon

3. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Scott Anderson‏@SAndersonNOB46m
    Sounds like Frank Martin could be visiting soon with an offer for Jackson Davis, according to his father

Scott Anderson‏@SAndersonNOB48m
    Lafayette 2014 forward Jackson Davis had an in-home visit from South Carolina assistant Matt Figger this evening

4. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Evan Daniels‏@EvanDanielsFOX17 Oct
    Lexington (Ky.) Lafayette PF Jackson Davis is visiting Rice this weekend

5. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels 2h
    2014 power forward Jackson Davis has reopened his recruitment, according to his mother Ginger Davis.

-----------

Davis has had a VERY good senior season down in Kentucky. Butler had interest in him at one point. He's a bouncy 6'8 PF athlete.

6. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
  7. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,118
    Butler will watch him Friday

8. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,614
    I wonder if Kelan knows him.

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Here's some of his recent numbers to get an idea of just how much he is wrecking HS kids in Kentucky.

19/13
    42/17
    27/16 vs Ray Spalding, who had 22/8
    28/14/4 assists/2 blocks
    29/11/4 blocks/4 assists
    21/15/4 assists/2 blocks
    26/15/5 steals
    26/25/5 steals

I am not sure how you even get 25 reb in a 32 minute HS game. That's just sick.

10. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,116
    Yes, please...would be a huge pickup...

But seems there are a lot of high majors sniffing around. He's either playing against midgets or is awesome.

11. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,783
    Could BU offer on Friday? They almost have to right? They need to make an impact. If they don't aren't they wasting their time?

12. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,306
    Already lots of HM's involved or calling, if we don't offer then no chance here.

13. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,118
    Pretty impressive game off the bounce for a 6'8" PF

14. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,938
    Bmills seems like he knows how to recruit. We have the open schollies and we need the size. Grades seem to be there. If they like what they see I'm sure we will see a relatively quick offer. How much of a role can Martin play? Let's get him in contact with S Mack as well.

15. stevewittichs4thchin

stevewittichs4thchin New Member

Money:
    $5
    What are you going on?

16. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,306
    I like the fact that (1) he's signed Kelan Martin, a guy who might win Mr. Basketball in Kentucky this year and will definitely help our program, and (2) we have consistently had game visits from top players like Ray Spalding, Beetle Bolden, Peyton Allen, Derrik Smits, K.J. Walton, Christian Williams, etc. That shows growing interest from solid players who have the ability to help our program move in the right direction. Considering he's been on the job for roughly 9 months, it seems positive to me. Not perfect but positive.

17. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,938
    He signed Wideman very quickly. Got Martin who should be very good for us. We are seeing more offers than under Stevens. He was instrumental in bringing SMack and others here for his brief term before. You hear good things about him from recruits and coaches. Recruited at high majors before under good recruiters so I am sure some of their tactics were shown/taught to him. Hopefully his ties to the area/people can play to our benefit. He got handed the program late in the game and during a crucial period. This off-season appears to be a game changer one way or the other. It will take time but I still think he delivers for us.

18. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,839
    Was searching Twitter for Jackson Davis mentions and came across this one (which he and his mother both favorited):

"Butler's had great success recruiting Kentucky. Shelvin Mack (NBA), Kam Woods, Kelan Martin... hope Jackson Davis (@MrDouble_Double) is next"

19. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,306
    Evan Daniels ‏@EvanDaniels ·Feb 24
    Vanderbilt & Kansas State are expected to watch Jackson Davis on Wednesday. Butler, UConn, Georgia Tech, Notre Dame & Houston called yday.

20. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,286
    IMO, The questions that need to be asked are is he better or will he contribute w/ Woods, Chrabascz, Martin, Wideman, and Berry already in tow? Also, what's his ceiling? Do we need another PF (in addition to Wideman) who might just end up being a solid role player? I don't think he's growing anymore vertically. So there's no question there. I think the plan was or should have been to save up our bullets for 2015. Unfortunately, we still have a rifle instead of a machine gun or even a shotgun.

Just a little skeptical of adding dead weight but the staff usually makes smart decisions in these late offer situations (I may be wrong. Can only remember a few examples)