Jackson Davis - 2014 Forward (Eastern Kentucky)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by jlitton, Oct 16, 2011.

1. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,116
    With the interest he's receiving since opening back up from high major programs, and what will be offers to come, I can't imagine him not coming in and having an impact. Adding another 6'8" active body to this front line would be a very good thing. His rebounding numbers are wild. We need size desperately. Woods is only here one more year (and he's more of role player in the Big East than how he's being used at Butler) and Berry still has a ton to learn/grow as a player. You give me a class of 6'5", 6'8" and 6'8"...I'm pretty happy.

2. Sonbog

Sonbog Active Member

Money:
    $2,964
    We all have a wish list for 2015; the question is whether a player taken for 2014 at this late time would be overmatched. The two most interesting players out there are Mr. Farrell and Mr. Davis. I would be delighted of Mr. Farrell came to Butler. I want Mr. Davis. Mr. Barlow is playing very well. I doubt Mr. Farrell would start ahead of him. I expect Mr. Brown to be much better; if Mr. Farrel came to Butler, we would have four quality guards. Would this keep Mr. Ahrens or Mr. Justice away? I will take that risk.

I think Mr. Davis would start alongside Mr Chrabascz; he might start from day one. Can he jump as well as Mr. Marshall? He is taller, he can dribble with either hand and shoot off the dribble. He is physically as imposing as Mr. Fromm and much stronger than Mr. Woods; he is a better shooter than either one of them. Mr. Charbascz can rival his play because of the overall smoothness he has. If Butler got Mr. Smits the next year, I would expect Mr. Davis to start alongside Mr. Smits.

At the beginning of last year, Mr. Justice was thought to be the second best player in the state of Kentucky (after the Louisville recruit). He has done nothing to lose his status but Mr. Davis has certainly improved his stock this year. So has Mr. Farrell. A team wants players who are improving dramatically as seniors in high school. Mr. Davis and Mr. Martin will transform Butler's front line if Mr. Davis comes.

3. I Am Butler

I Am Butler Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,194
    Ahrens has moved on. That ship sailed. Farrell doesn't hold an offer.

Last edited: Feb 25, 2014
  4. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,306
  5. budawgs13

budawgs13 Member

Money:
    $5
    unless we want recruiting violation sanctions, probably a bad idea

6. stevewittichs4thchin

stevewittichs4thchin New Member

Money:
    $5
    @MikeFieldsNotes: Jackson Davis said he's heard from Vanderbilt, Kansas St., Alabama, Miss. St. and others.

7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,306
  8. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Georgia Tech offered 2014 PF Matt Cimino today.....

Alabama, Rice, Ga Tech, Butler, georgia will be there fri night....

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Tenn also will be there...

10. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
  11. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,306
    32 points 31 rebounds in double OT loss tonight.

12. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    31 rebounds! No one else must be rebounding! Surprised Calipari isn't all over this kid.

13. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,116
    Seriously, does he play against midgets and umpa lumpas? (SP?)

14. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    He needs to show Smits how to rebound.

15. cornette33

cornette33 Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,783
    How come it has not come out if we offered? Rice and Gtech offered tonight and that was 3hrs ago. We better have offered! What are we doing!

16. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    He had already committed to Rice some time ago. He recently reopened recruiting and may stay with his Rice commitment.

17. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    Is would say that is a double-double.

18. cornette33

Money:
    $1,783
    You are right about the Rice thing. My bad. I could not even tell you what conference Rice is in. I don't think he will be going there.

19. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    Rice is an outstanding academically and is often rated amongst the best outside of the Ivy League. If education trumps basketball he could still go there. Academics must mean a lot to him and his family.

20. cornette33

Money:
    $1,783
    OFFERED! per Steve Jones on twitter who was told by Jackson's dad. Do the coaches just stand in a line and offer him like a job interview?! How does that work?