Jackson Davis - 2014 Forward (Eastern Kentucky)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by jlitton, Oct 16, 2011.

1. lockebyproxy

lockebyproxy New Member

Money:
    $30
    DawgPoundMac and NCJon like this.
  2. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,811
    Not surprised. This is one that we will regret having transferred out.

NCJon and Dewars12 like this.
  3. Baddog

Baddog Well-Known Member

Money:
    $5,055

Holtmann didn't think much of his basketball skills. Couldn't get off the bench. He was raw, high energy and made things happen once he got in the game. Rebounds and garbage points. His contributions weren't always positive, but he needed PT to get some experience and work off that rawness. Big difference in practice minutes and game minutes. Remember at the time how nearly everyone lamented the fact that Davis and others were only getting meaningless minutes, even during blowouts. Yeah, Holtmann was a great coach. Not. Too bad Davis isn't still on the roster. He could have contributed. Will have to remember to follow his progress this year.

Dewars12 likes this.
  4. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $7,811
    Butler has had very few kids that are as athletic with size as Jackson. I tend to believe CH was not a great developer of individual players and this was one.

ButlerAlumDad716 likes this.
  5. dawgs2014

dawgs2014 Active Member

Money:
    $487
    Like Kelan Martin, Nate Fowler, the Tyler’s, Sean McDermott, Kam Woods. Just awful. I don’t like the guy but let’s not insult our own intelligence.

Jackson did have talent. He just didn’t know where to go, ever. That matters.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops

6. butlerdude05

butlerdude05 Active Member

Money:
    $4,449
    I don't know if it's fair to judge Boltmanns ability to develop talent. He wasn't here that long but last year with Martin WAS a clusterf***. But the dude won so he had to be doing something right

Sent from my SM-G935P using Butler Hoops mobile app

7. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,272
    Jackson had athletic skills and was a bright kid, but my guess is he lacked a defensive background because of HS coaching. Most HS's play zone exclusively. I think JB kind of falls into that category as well. Thus it takes a little longer for some big men to pick up BU's defensive principles. There is world of difference in the speed between the college and HS game. In hindsight Jackson would have benefitted greatly by redshirting his 1st year. It's a shame things didn't work out here for him.

8. BUStudent

BUStudent Active Member

Money:
    $87
    JD came off the bench for an unproductive 9 minutes, 0/3 and no points on Friday. Plays again tonight on SECN

9. mwall787

mwall787 Active Member

Money:
    $329
    JD came off the bench to score 11 points, 3 rebounds, 2 blocks and a steal against Ole Miss last night.

10. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $7,811
    I believe he had been hurt and might even had knee surgery.