Jackson Davis - 2014 Forward (Eastern Kentucky)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by jlitton, Oct 16, 2011.

1. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,827
  2. Jared Grubbs

Jared Grubbs Administrator Staff Member VIP Member

Money:
    $20,118
    17-25 from the line. He did hit 1 3. After barely shooting from the 3 point line in his first 20 game (2-7), he is 9-22 in his last 8 games from deep. He is shooting 70% from the line for the season.

3. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    ...so he's developing into a 3 pt shooter too? This kid is too good to be true. Somebody is going to get a VERY good spring signing.

4. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $20,118
    Yep. They aren't just wide open 3s either:

5. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    That's impressive. I don't recall him being able to do any of that a few years ago in AAU. He was strictly a 5 to 7 foot shooter and just attacked the glass. He looks very versatile for a Big. I like his quickness. And strength.

6. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,009
    Damn, he can get UP. He would work ridiculously well in our offense.

7. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $20,118
    He was basically a college Khyle Marshall type player when I saw him. He didn't create his own offense at all. He looks very impressive in recent videos. It would be interesting to see how Miller would choose to use him next season. Chrabascz would probably have to stay at the 5.

8. Jared Grubbs

Money:
    $20,118
    One thing worth noting though is he does have turnover issues. He is averaging 3.3 turnovers per game. In his 32/30 game he had 6 turnovers.

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
  10. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
  11. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352

Scott Burgess ‏@scott_chihoops 23h
    Morgan Park SF Josh Cunningham @JoshMCunningham tells me he will visit #Indiana #Hoosiers on Sunday. One of best players left nationally

-------

IU probably takes Cunningham though....they just have one left to 13, but I doubt Hartman and Jurkin are safe. So they could still offer Davis...

12. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    clay mason ‏@commishpslex 14m
    @rexchapman Totally correct. Cal needs to stagger in some guys that can lead and will stay. Start with Jackson Davis from Lex

---------

Interesting tweet.....

13. firedupkaren

firedupkaren Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,659
    Butler supposedly down in Lexington for an in-home today.

Let's do this!

14. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,899
    The coaching staff is doing what they can to keep talking with Davis and let him know the interest is there. That's about all you can ask of them. Hopefully they get him, but there are a lot of good programs in on this one.

15. firedupkaren

Money:
    $6,659
    I think it's a lot further along than that. At this point, it's clear Butler is at the top of his list (along with Vandy and Rice).

16. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,116
    I pray you are right, but what makes you think (or know) that?

We can make a power play, being so close and having Martin in tow already, so let's hope we do. This is a talent we need.

17. firedupkaren

Money:
    $6,659
    There was a premium article released today in which his mom was interviewed. Butler was mentioned more than any other school (4 times), and she said they had talked with Butler and Vanderbilt about setting up visits.

He's already taken two official visits, Rice and Columbia, so he can only take 3 more. Butler will obviously need to secure one of those visits to be considered a major player here.

Anyways, after reading said article, and seeing some of the twitter activity from Jackson and his family, I think it's safe to assume that Butler is CURRENTLY in a good position. That's not to say things wont change as the likes of Indiana and Florida get involved.

18. theenforcer13

theenforcer13 #barlowing

Money:
    $20,839
    Ah yeah! Go get em staff

19. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,116
    Awesome stuff and it's good to know. I'm taking anything positive I can these days. Thanks for the info.

20. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,899
    One thing that she had also mentioned is that they may end up taking unofficial visits to some of the schools that are closer in case Jackson needs to take more visits to make his decision.

Additionally, she stated that they're probably going to wait until after the Kentucky state tournament is done (March 23rd) to figure out which schools he's going to visit, regardless if he's playing in it or not.

Butler, along with Alabama were scheduled for in-homes today. As Karen mentioned, there were definitely some encouraging things from the article to take, but it's nowhere near a done deal at this point.