Jackson Davis - 2014 Forward (Eastern Kentucky)

Discussion in 'Recruiting Archive' started by jlitton, Oct 16, 2011.

1. the_speakers_lab

the_speakers_lab Well-Known Member

Money:
    $6,325
    Georgia
    Georgia Tech
    Vandy
    Rice
    FSU
    Alabama (not sure about this one but given they have an in home, I'll count them)
    UCF
    Butler

As of now, is this Jackson Davis's list of offers and who we would have to beat out? Did I miss anyone?

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  2. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,348
    These are the rumored coming for just this Thursday: Boston College, Notre Dame, Tulane, George Washington, Indiana, Minnesota, Rice, Oregon, Alabama, Florida, Georgia and Tennessee.

I have to agree with Irishdawg, great we're being mentioned but this is far from over. Wow what a win this could be though. Martin & Davis together for 4 years would be a hell of a lot of fun (and great basketball) to watch.

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,191
    Don't forget Florida. They are coming to see him this week. If they offer, I think he goes there. It would be hard to turn down a great program with a great coach, playing in the SEC in Florida.

4. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,029
    Tyler Hicks ‏@THicksFRHC 3h
    What if @kelan30_, Cam Justice, James Bolden, Ray Spalding, and Jackson Davis all teamed up at Butler. Man, that would he sick.
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Davis' mom favorited this tweet.

5. readyletsgo

readyletsgo Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $1,899
    I like that nowadays we don't have to just be hopeful. We can hang our hopes on the families of recruits retweeting or favoriting tweets!

6. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,029
    I'm not hanging my hopes on that, nor am I anywhere close to doing that. Just thought I'd share. She does favorite/retweet almost any tweet about her son, so obviously we shouldn't put basically any stock into it. Just still thought I'd share.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2014
  7. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    It's important IMO. It shows the parents feel relationships are being developed between their son and those schools. Ginger Davis likes what she sees/hears about Butler. That's pretty obvious. IMO that is a very good thing......

8. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,029
    I agree

9. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Arizona State and Baylor in the mix now too. List is getting large. I'm sure Jackson and his Parents will cut this list down after they hear alot of the first pitches. I think it is a very good sign that Butler got an in-home today after seeing his game Friday. He can go on 3 OVs and unlimited UV's. He hasn't been to Butler in awhile. It's close. He probably takes a UV here. If he doesn't have a game next Sat, it would be great if the staff could get him here for Seton Hall.

10. Insane Dawg

Insane Dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $17,097
    Question-Would he want to be that far from home? Don't disagree on the quality of Florida's coach and program. They are the best in the SEC

11. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    Seton Hall would be great if fans show up.

12. ButlerGoalie

ButlerGoalie Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,475
    Well, Rice and Florida are about equally distant from KY, so I don't think distance is a factor. Unless that factored into his re-opening...

13. Insane Dawg

Money:
    $17,097
    I am thinking the distance could have had something to do with it and hopefully size of school. Certainly couldn't be about the quality of education. Hard to top Rice.

14. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    I don't think it did. His game has just exploded and he wants to play in the NBA someday. Playing in the Big East can help him prepare to do that. That one article mentioned that he idolizes and tailors his own game after Paul George and Carmelo Anthony. Being in the same city as Paul George and the Pacers and possibly having the chance to play summer pickup games against NBA talent should appeal to him. Carlos Knox has run a really good Summer Pro-AM league for years that Butler players have been in.

15. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $16,191
    I don't know, every kid is different. But...it's tough to imagine a talented player not wanting to play for Billy Donavan.

I think coaches like Donavan neutralize geography. He's one of the best (if not the best) in college basketball. If he comes to you with interest, I think that goes to the top of the line. He's one of the elites.

16. BUcheer

BUcheer Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $8,882
    Agree that SH would be a good time to get him on campus--but didn't his dad say they wouldn't be taking any trips until after March 23--or was that just OVs?

17. Irishdawg

Irishdawg Banned User

Money:
    $1,921
    It was all visits, though he has been in discussions with Butler and Vandy to get something set up, though my guess is it probably won't happen until then.

18. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
  19. butlerfan

butlerfan New Member

Money:
    $6,352
    Ben Roberts ‏@NextCats 6h
    New time for Jackson Davis' game (Friday, 6:30 pm) will make it tough for Florida to see him. Gators vs. UK is Sat. at noon in Gainesville

20. UDDawg

UDDawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $10,029
    Alabama offered tonight