Jakobe Coles - 2020 Power Forward (Offered)

Discussion in '2020 Recruiting Profiles' started by Jared Grubbs, Jun 15, 2018.

1. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
  2. xufan02

xufan02 Member

Money:
    $62
    Brian Snow crystal ball prediction for Butler today. He generally gets them right.

3. willisbrown

willisbrown Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,739
    I'd do cartwheels up and down Piedmont into the traffic if this were to become a thing. Good lookin yo.

4. Albick

Albick Well-Known Member

Money:
    $545
    To show how reliable 247 information is: they list Tyler Wideman as a rising senior. Would that it were so . . .

5. seadawg

seadawg Well-Known Member VIP Member

Money:
    $3,531
    I would tend to trust Snow on this one.

willisbrown likes this.
  6. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
    https://twitter.com/jcoles35

Faith based kid, seems like LJ's kind of guy. And he's already dropping down the Rivals rankings after being connected to BU. I'd say the stars are aligning lol.

7. bumba

bumba Well-Known Member

Money:
    $7,475
  8. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,739
    That's a pretty strong list of players to be put in with at PJ. Dig it.

9. seadawg

Money:
    $3,531
    This may help force Johnson's decision?

10. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,739
    Yes and no. Yes in that it would take away another scholarship, but I don't see them as the same player at the college level. JMO...I think Scooby becomes more of a point/small forward vs a power forward while I see Coles as a bruising glass eater. I think this type of get though would move the needle and be an eye opener to a player like Scooby or a couple of the others to see we're putting together a strong class that they want to be a part of....

And even bigger, this gives us a bit of a foot hold in Texas, a true Texas connection which would be monstrous. I'm getting too excited so I hope this thing has the legs I think it has sprouted between Snow's CB and 247 having us as the only "warm" school with an offer to him.

DawgPoundMac likes this.
  11. Ignatius J. Reilly

Ignatius J. Reilly Well-Known Member

Money:
    $4,174
    If Coles committed, between him, Myles, JMM, and Golden, we'd have the post locked down for a while I think. Pretty versatile group there.

bumba and BU Fan in Illinois like this.
  12. Lukas Harkins

Lukas Harkins Well-Known Member

Money:
    $1,339
    If Coles was to commit, Butler's class would launch to fifth in the nation, just ahead of Xavier (I'm pretty sure). But let's not get too far ahead of ourselves on a crystal ball pick, even if it is from one of the most reliable in the business.

13. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $380
    Looks like he is fundamental sound and has some good moves... Only downside from the quick glance was that he looked a little slow... Especially be a smaller PF.

Decent offer list and would be exciting to pick up another commit before the season starts!

14. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,739
    Don't kill the buzz, Lukas. Logic has no place in these parts.

I'm allowing myself to feel chipper about this, but I need to put the brakes on. I'd love a little more concrete, even if wet concrete, info that this thing is a thing.

bumba likes this.
  15. CJ_Butler

CJ_Butler New Member VIP Member

Money:
    $2,185
    Wonder what kind of negative spin Title would try to put on this if it came to fruition lol.

Butlerfan96 likes this.
  16. SpartanDawgs

SpartanDawgs Well-Known Member

Money:
    $380
    "Still fairly early for recruiting 2020. We will be at 5 tomorrow but will drop to top 35-40 by March. Offer guys that don't deserve High major offers and they know that and will take advantage of the opportunity to lock up their spot."

Not saying this is true but those would be the defenses for Butler being ranked top 5.

17. seadawg

Money:
    $3,531
    No questioning the differences of possible roles of either recruit but I do see plenty of similarities as well. Both have rugged styles and soft shooting touches. Either would be great, both would be extraordinary.

18. willisbrown

Money:
    $3,739
    Beating out two high major texas teams (a&m and TCU) with coaches that have a pretty damn good track record...that would be nice. Also, beating out ND for a recruit would feel good.

Snow hits on like 93% of his picks, btw.

seadawg likes this.
  19. estar20dawg

estar20dawg Well-Known Member

Money:
    $3,088
    247's scouting take on him
    "Big body considered “an acquired taste.” Lacking some athleticism, but has proven to be a shot-maker on a good AAU team.

A blue-collar worker on Texas elite Denton Guyer High School squad. Sturdy inside presence who runs the court well. Can pop out and hit a jumper, but does most of his work in and around the paint. Mostly a below-the-rim player, but is physical and has good vision and an interior passing game. Knows how to play the game. A fallback choice if Terrance Williams chooses Georgetown/someone other than Notre Dame. Previously visited the Irish.
    • Trending: Steady-to-up"

He's not a wower, but he's what we need. Physical, smart, doesn't need the ball to impact the game. This would be a huge get and someone who is polished already and probably ready to play day 1 in college.

seadawg likes this.
  20. BulldogsAllTheWay

BulldogsAllTheWay Well-Known Member

Money:
    $686
    What I love about Coles is he appears to be a guy who you can throw the ball down low to and let him go to work. He would pair well with Wilmoth and JMM.

Sent from my iPhone using Butler Hoops mobile app

DawgPoundMac and SnoopDawg like this.